BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #1
limi
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default 8130 Outlook Calendar synch circle dance..

Please Login to Remove!

OK - So i've been searching and reading, but can't seem to find an answer that make me comfortable doing anything except "cancel" on synching my 8130 with my DM. Am running DM 4.7.0.32 and 8130 (Verizon - 4.5.0.77). The searched posts seem to be conflicting/confusing in terms of what will happen to data on my Outlook.

When I synch to outlook DM wants to delete alot of entries on my Outlook that appear to be "old" - I'm ok with the synch deleting items I specifically delete or change, but I do want to keep my historical appts. on my Outlook. I'm fine with losing older entries on my 8130. I've tried changing the "keep forever" to "keep xx days" but it still seems to want to delete them off my outlook. Several posts confusingly seem to say that changing the "keep forever" to "keep xx days" will only delete on the BB - but according to DM when I do this it still wants to delete XXX hundreds of appointments off my outlook - I get this message:

The following changes from Calendar device will be applied to your Microsoft Outlook data in Calendar:

731 Deletions
6 Additions

I'm fine if it wants to delete them off the BB for memory. But not off my Outlook. I've tried changing the "Keep" option on the 8130 calendar, I've set my DM for PC overwrites the handheld, I've tried resending/deleting the cicals but I can't keep it from wanting to blow away all my older entries.. this makes it difficult to use the calendar on my phone very effectively if I keep hitting cancel..

I also notice that (I think it seems to be a bug?) I get alot of phantom changes between my 8130 and Outlook - like one field gets changed in several items that I didn't change (like a reminder flag). Don't know if that's related.

Here's what I'm trying to get a straight answer on..

I want to have my history of appts on my Outlook and synch changes I make to the 8130 (either on Outlook or on the 8130). I'm fine if the older records get deleted off the 8130.. how can I do this?

It was all working fine for a while.. must have been until I started to run out of memory? Any thoughts?

And TIA!

-
Old 03-28-2009, 10:52 AM   #2
b_ohare
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Angry Resolution?

Did anyone find a fix for this problem? I'm experiencing the same thing. I've searched all over the Web and it looks like lots of folks are having this problem but no one's found the answer. Thanx.

- B.

Edit:

Scratch that. Looks like I may have found the answer at Crackberry (Outlook Calendar Synch Problems - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com). "I fixed my issue by going to options>advanced options>default services> and setting my calender CICAL setting back to my default email. That seemed to have done the trick for me."

Last edited by b_ohare; 03-28-2009 at 11:03 AM.. Reason: Found answer
Closed Thread