CanuckMakem
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
PIN: 205DDA2C
Carrier: Rogers

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackspawn
So are we able to have MSN, IRC, telnet, any internet apps to work on 7250 through telus
NO Unless you use BES.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:11 AM   #22
Tremendo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Telus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckMakem
NO Unless you use BES.
That's not accurate. A few months ago Telus enabled these features. I've used IM clients with no problem on my Telus 7250...
Old 12-12-2005, 01:04 PM   #23
nagjames

Model: 7250
Default I still don't get it

Sorry guys but I still don't get it. What do I do wrong? I've downloaded the latest TELUS' firmware to my 7250. Which is v4.0.2.29 . but I still don't have Options->TCP settings. Browsing is fine but when it comes to use ports other than 80 I'm stuck. I'm trying to run my own Midlet which supposed to connect to a server on a certain port. It just hangs.
I also tried Idokorro's ssh client which can be set to BES/MDS or TCP/IP connection method. So I've set it to TCP/IP ssh hangs too. I can't see the request coming in on the server site. I even reconfigured (and tested) my ssh server to port 80 . But my Blackberry hangs on port 80 aswell.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:20 PM   #24
CanuckMakem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremendo
That's not accurate. A few months ago Telus enabled these features. I've used IM clients with no problem on my Telus 7250...
Really... I've tried them all and none work? How did you do it?
Old 12-13-2005, 11:49 PM   #25
Jase88
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: PlayB
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey@12mile
Wow... I have Rogers Wireless service and don't have any of these problems.

cd.
Sure. But the overage charges above 25MB...ouch.
I'd rather pay for BES hosting than overage.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:15 PM   #26
BlackBurner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremendo
...me too....I use Ramble almost daily....I used BBWeather before,pretty cool little app,but it's in Fahrenheit....Celsius,I would prefer,but respect to the developers ...Telus enabled all this stuff a while ago.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaHurtz
...still having problems with the "WAP Browser (Telus)" program, it won't make a connection..
...this may be your problem....my WAP browser doesn't work either...but why would I want the shitty WAP browser,when I have full HTML browsing with the Internet Browser!!!!....you need this...which is why I said send the new service books...try to get this on your ribbon somehow.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckMakem
Are you using BES or BWC? 3rd party apps will work on BES... just not BWC and I'm not paying anymore than I am now.
...BWC.....and I don't pay for anything more than my unlimited data and the phone feature....like I said,Telus enabled these features a while ago...maybe you need an OS upgrade.....I'm using Telus 4.0.2.29.....

....I'm more interested in getting the 1XEV to show up....hurry up Telus!!!!!

Last edited by BlackBurner; 12-14-2005 at 04:20 PM..
Old 12-14-2005, 07:40 PM   #27
corey@12mile

Model: lots

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBurner
...me too....I use Ramble almost daily....I used BBWeather before,pretty cool little app,but it's in Fahrenheit....Celsius,I would prefer,but respect to the developers ...Telus enabled all this stuff a while ago.....
Have a look in the preferences... right under the option to disable mds proxy, there is an option for changing the units to metric...

cd.

Wanna come kick my ass?

Find me at...
http://www.frappr.com/blackberryforums
Old 12-15-2005, 09:51 AM   #28
BlackBurner

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey@12mile
Have a look in the preferences... right under the option to disable mds proxy, there is an option for changing the units to metric...

cd.
...really?....I guess my blind ass didn't see that....I'll have to check that out again......thnx man
Old 12-16-2005, 11:03 AM   #29
CanuckMakem

OK... I just downloaded Ramble again and it still won't connect. Infact I got the following error:

"Uncaught exception: Process Ramble(87) killed due to message queue overflow"
Old 02-25-2006, 03:32 AM   #30
Weasy2k

I too have tried to get Ramble....Verichat...or any chat program for that matter to work. I tried talking to people at telus and as i figured they dont know anything about what im trying to do.

I wiped everythign clean and upgraded to the newest version and still nothing...the main reason i bought this thing was to be able to use IM...

Edit: whoa brought back from the dead...
update anyone?
Old 02-25-2006, 11:06 AM   #31
angrylogger

It's weird but I'm a BWC user that's had success running IM (Verichat and eMSN) and such on TELUS as well. I have a 7250 that I got just before Christmas and I haven't had any problems running 3rd party software.. I haven't tried ramble because I don't use AIM.

maybe it does have something to do with user accounts... e.g. if you got your BB before a certain date, TELUS has to do something to make it work for you as stated above. This is pure speculation, but it's one of the few things I can think of that would explain it (besides maybe location.. most Ontario folks seem to be able to get this to work..). I'm not running any special OS.. just the TELUS version of 4.0.2 from the BlackBerry website.. I didn't try to load anything before I upgraded to 4.0.2.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:57 AM   #32
CanuckMakem

All I know is that I'm close tp dumping Telus. I too wanted to use my BB for IM and not being able to on BWC is making me look at other carriers.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:54 PM   #33
Weasy2k

Yea thas my problem, i just got it and am already looking at something else.

Maybe angrylogger is right because it does seem to be only the eastern canadians on telus get everything. Wow would i ever like to give them a ear full if thats the case. Telus started ont his side darnit :P
'
I mean it sucks, i dont know what to ask for when talking to telus tech support. The guy said if i find any instructions on this forum to let him know and he will help play around with account settings. Any ideas?
Old 02-25-2006, 02:21 PM   #34
angrylogger

FWIW, here's my service book stuff:

BlackBerry Internet Browsing Service
VID: GPMDSNA01
CID: BrowserConfig
User ID: -1
Gateway IP://206.51.26.162:17761;17760/lGPAK

IPPP for BIBS
VID: GPMDSNA01
CID: IPPP
(NOTE: same info as above)

WAP Browser
VID: RIM WAP BrowserConfig for Telus
CID: BrowserConfig

Secure WAP Transport
VID: RIM WAP Secure Transport on Telus
CID: WAP
Gateway IP://216.198.139.70:9203;8502/lGPAK

Web Client
VID: GBWCNA06
CID: CMIME

Provisioning
VID: BESPRV-NA
CID: PROVISIONING

The entry 206.51.26.162:17761:17760 is all over my host routing table. I can't think of anything else in the settings on my end that would matter, but if anyone else can, I'm happy to share.

Further speculation: doesn't TELUS roam off of Bell & its family in Eastern Canada (and vice-versa in Western Canada)? Could this have something to do with it? It does seem silly that TELUS users would get a different package of fundamental services depending on where they are in Canada unless it has something to do with roaming on Bell. Do Bell users out west experience diminished service on their plans? I honestly have no clue as to a cause here.. I'm not really a technical person...
Old 02-25-2006, 02:43 PM   #35
Weasy2k

Same settings on my end too
Old 10-26-2006, 04:32 PM   #36
astpaul

Model: 8707v

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaHurtz
Am I supposed to have TCP/IP when using Telus network? My 7250 is now activated and I can get most things working, but I have no TCP menu in my options... anybody?
Hello
Did you have a chance to solve this problem. I have the same one with a 8707v and i am located in Spain. May be your solution, if any, could work for me....
Old 10-27-2006, 09:04 AM   #37
headtailgrep
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 950
Carrier: robbers

Time to switch to Rogers, friends. They are the only carrier with tcp/ip on a blackberry in Canada..
Old 11-16-2006, 05:28 PM   #38
robbym
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Torch
Carrier: Virgin
Cool You mean Robbers right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by headtailgrep
Time to switch to Rogers, friends. They are the only carrier with tcp/ip on a blackberry in Canada..

Rogers has some definate advantages over Bell and Telus in Canada, however they also have some seriously lacking business practices. I for one don't like feeling ripped off or mistreated. I'd probably switch if ole Ted could start treating his customers like human beings instead of wallets with feet. This is one of the few areas where I envy the American side of my family, so much choice and the benefits of competition.

Note: One other advantage for Canadian CDMA users in populated centers is EV-DO for Blackberry which Robbers Wireless does not have an equivalent.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:32 PM   #39
headtailgrep
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 950
Carrier: robbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbym
Rogers has some definate advantages over Bell and Telus in Canada, however they also have some seriously lacking business practices. I for one don't like feeling ripped off or mistreated. I'd probably switch if ole Ted could start treating his customers like human beings instead of wallets with feet. This is one of the few areas where I envy the American side of my family, so much choice and the benefits of competition.

Note: One other advantage for Canadian CDMA users in populated centers is EV-DO for Blackberry which Robbers Wireless does not have an equivalent.
I agree.. i'm with you.. i'm not a Rogers fan..but no tcp/ip? no international roaming? what's the point? Rogers bought the market when they bought fido. There is *almost* no competition for any company that has users that travel internationally. For anyone that needs or wants tcp/ip in Canada, again, no competition.

So, my hand is forced. I think many others are too. Until Bell (or Telus) can release tcp/ip for their devices, half my hands are tied to that, and the other half are simply in the view that Rogers has a near monopoly (GSM)

Oh also, Rogers gets new devices first. Bell's a full year behind.. telus..??? hunh? right.. telus who?

Choose accordingly... if you don't travel internationally, send the odd e-mail here and there, and don't care about installing any apps on your BB, then go with telus or bell. But you are otherwise forced with no choice to go with Rogers (Robbers) wireless otherwise.

People with a personal vendetta against Rogers (this is many people) are forced to lower their standards. Poor people.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:34 PM   #40
Jase88

Model: PlayB
Carrier: Bell Mobility

^^ Telus and Bell offer SIM cards for international travelers--as well as "dual mode GSM/CDMA" phones.
Closed Thread