Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 04:40 PM   #1
jamesodell

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Device does not have the necessary services

Please Login to Remove!

When connecting my new BB 8300 and my Mac via bluetooth, I get "Device does not have the necessary services". Any ideas on why this would occur?
Thanks,
Jim
Old 09-10-2007, 12:31 AM   #2
dtdt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Funny, I was just getting irritated again because there is so little mac support from RIM, and the fact that we can't use the Desktop Management software provided...

Regarding your question, I successfully transferred photos to and from my BB 8830 to my MacBook last night! The two don't stay actively connected, and you have to prompt the BB to receive a file via Bluetooth before it would receive it. My wife's Samsung phone doesn't require that; it prompts you that Bluetooth is trying to connect and you must approve the connection. I'm new to Bluetooth, so I don't even really know the "norms" yet. Anyway, the message "Device does not have the necessary services" was coming up only when I hadn't selected "Receive File Using Bluetooth" prior to sending from my mac.

I still can't get MissingSync to work via Bluetooth, but haven't searched the forum yet, either.
Closed Thread