Old 06-25-2007, 12:16 AM   #1
kobari

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default Newbie Questions - Calendar and Address Book

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

This is my first blackberry, and I have not used Outlook before, so please bear with me:

1. How do I add additional fields in AddressBook on the Blackberry. The problem is, I have some friends who have 2nd mobile numbers, and there is only one Mobile field. Likewise, on Outlook-> Contacts, I could not find a way to add the 2nd mobile number?

2. When you sync the calendar, it seemed like Outlook appointments were synced to Blackberry, but not the other way. Basically, entries I added on blackberry did not show up on Outlook. Is there anyway of configuring the sync operation such that it will sync both ways?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:03 AM   #2
Flashman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobari View Post
1. How do I add additional fields in AddressBook on the Blackberry. The problem is, I have some friends who have 2nd mobile numbers, and there is only one Mobile field. Likewise, on Outlook-> Contacts, I could not find a way to add the 2nd mobile number?
You can't add additional fields, the fields offered are a subset of the Outlook fields that are being synchronized. You can put the 2nd mobile in any other field (Work 2, Home 2, Pager, Other, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobari View Post
2. When you sync the calendar, it seemed like Outlook appointments were synced to Blackberry, but not the other way. Basically, entries I added on blackberry did not show up on Outlook. Is there anyway of configuring the sync operation such that it will sync both ways?
Sounds like your syncing is not setup right. Are you using a BES connection or syncing manually by plugging it in? If you are using a BES server, you might want to talk to your system administrator. If you are manually syncing you might want to check the sync settings in the Desktop Manager to see if it is a bi-directional sync.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:11 AM   #3
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Kobari--you can add additional field IF you use the "user defined field" on your BB (User1, User2, etc.). Then in your DM sync, set that User1 to sync to the correct field in Outlook contacts by using the Mapping setup in Desktop Manager. Likewise, as Flashman said, your can use any other empty field such as Home2.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:19 AM   #4
kobari

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Flashman,

Thanks for the detailed reply.

I am on BIS, not BES. But, I could not see any settings on the Desktop Manager for this? The only thing I can see is Import/Export/Sync, and I chose Sync.

Is this the one you are talking about? If not, could you please a bit more detail?

Once again, thanks...
Closed Thread