Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 01:08 AM   #1
Brittany Montorsi

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular/ATT
Default Somebody Please Help Me!!!

Please Login to Remove!

K so I purchased my pearl about a week ago and I have a MacBook... Where do I even start? I havent been able to figure out how to do anythang.... I cant get any songs on my phone and I cant figure out how to use the bluetooth... Please someone tell me how ....
Old 06-18-2007, 06:12 AM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Have you tried reading the user manual?
Old 06-18-2007, 07:06 AM   #3
kelvin
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: VZW

Seriously, some of these posts make me giggle. You took the time to research a website that has BB information, but you cannot take a few minutes to read the manual

Last edited by kelvin; 06-19-2007 at 12:19 PM..
Old 06-18-2007, 05:51 PM   #4
Brittany Montorsi

Yea I read the getting started guide... I know how to do the basic stuff but like when I plug in my USB cord nothing shows up on the screen.

And when i go to use the bluetooth its says "This service is not supported by the device"

Im just trying to figure out how to get the music on to my phone but I cant figure it out so can someone please help me!
Old 06-18-2007, 05:54 PM   #5
john.kmiecik
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 6969
Carrier: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittany Montorsi View Post
Yea I read the getting started guide... I know how to do the basic stuff but like when I plug in my USB cord nothing shows up on the screen.

And when i go to use the bluetooth its says "This service is not supported by the device"

Im just trying to figure out how to get the music on to my phone but I cant figure it out so can someone please help me!
Welcome to internet forums. Every forum that you'll ever encounter, you'll run into this. No one here is going to hold your hand step-by-step when you can't follow simple directions. Now, I don't have an 8100 but I'm sure there is a thicker book included in the box that doesn't say Getting Started on it. That's a good place to start. If a CD was included in the box, that is another place to start.

Stamping your feet and going "me me me" won't get you anywhere in life -- that's what you're doing here.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:13 PM   #6
theBorg
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 83/81
PIN: TO
Carrier: AT&T 8310, 8100, 7100

Wow. Not a very warm welcome. Sorry, Brittany, usually the users here are more cordial and helpful. They're right though. This should be covered in your manual in an obvious manner.

I don't use a media enabled BB. But from the little I know you'll first need to install some software on your computer.

Probably first the desktop manager - which is for backing up the device and for operating system upgrades. You can download this from your carrier's web site.

I believe there's also an computer-side app for managing media (music, videos). Dunno what it's called, media manager maybe?

Last edited by theBorg; 06-18-2007 at 06:22 PM..
Old 06-18-2007, 06:15 PM   #7
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Hello, and welcome to the forums. I've never used a MacBook, but with a PC the first thing you'd need to do is install Desktop Manager, which comes on a CD with the device. You may want to try reading up a little here to help answer questions:

8100 Series FAQ's - BlackBerryFAQ

And there is also a Mac User forum on this site that may help answer questions, too.

Good luck.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:44 AM   #8
Brittany Montorsi

Omg some people on here are complete d****...

The software provided does not open on my Mac thats what im saying and the only thing included in the box was a getting started guide...

Come on people Im not an idiot I would have thought to do those things first before I posted anything on this website.....

Last edited by juwaack68; 06-19-2007 at 08:42 AM.. Reason: edited language
Old 06-19-2007, 08:39 AM   #9
dkf747
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8520
Carrier: TMO

Quote:

The software provided does not open on my Mac thats what im saying and the only thing included in the box was a getting started guide...

Come on people Im not an idiot I would have thought to do those things first before I posted anything on this website.....
I know it can be frustrating on this forums sometimes, but if you just read the post above yours, you will see a reference to the Mac forum here. Your answer are there.

Last edited by juwaack68; 06-19-2007 at 08:42 AM.. Reason: edited language
Old 06-19-2007, 11:32 PM   #10
RoC1909
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:

And you'll really receive a lot of answers by calling people D****! Wow, just become a member of the forums and start insulting others because they told you to SEARCH or RTFM. Way to win many friends here......k!
Old 06-21-2007, 10:41 PM   #11
kyake

Default Media Won't Work

I just recently bought the 8100, and I'm having difficulties as well. The Pearl really does only come with a "Getting Started Guide", which is no help at all. I'm having troubles getting music onto my phone, and when I get it on there, it won't recognize it. I have changed all of the files over to the right format, and I've also reformatted my media card. There was no issue with viewing preloaded data until I plugged it into my computer for the first time. To transfer music, this is what the guide says (real helpful...NOT):
1.) Ensure a microCD is inserted in phone
2.) Connect your BB to a computer using the USB cable provided.
3.) Dbl click on Desktop Manager (after installation)
4.) Dbl click on Media Manager icon
5.) Dbl click Media card, the Blackberry, then Music
6.) In left column, select files to transfer and repeat.

Sounds so simple, until it won't transfer a darn thing, or recognize any media when it does get transferred. It is frustrating. If anyone has any tips...please help.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:55 PM   #12
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Did you format the card while IN the BB? When the BB is plugged into the computer you will not be able to see the card or it's contents if mass storage is enabled. If mass storage is enabled then you will see the card as a removeable drive in "My Computer." If you turn off Mass storage mode then you should be able to see the card in Media Manager but not as a removeable drive in My Computer.
Closed Thread