Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 10:57 PM   #1
cbunting
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: LancasterWireless
Default There has to be a better way!

Please Login to Remove!

Ok, i installed BES 4.1.3 on my exchange box, and installed it to use the administrator account. I later found out calendar syncing will not work correctly because the account is part of the domain admins group. So I uninstalled BEs, and re-installed it with a local administrative account called bes.

So now, the calendar syncing works correctly, but I had trouble sending emails, they would fail. finally read all the KB's and did a mesh of crap to the permissions, sdadminholder, etc...and got it to work....

What the heck did I do wrong, or is this typically what you have to go thru just to install BES?
Old 06-07-2007, 11:08 PM   #2
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

"What the heck did I do wrong"

You've installed BES on an Exchange Server ...

This would be the closest thing if you wanted to install BES on an Exchange Server How to install the BlackBerry Enterprise Server on a Microsoft Small Business Server

Recommended best practice is to install on its own hardware (or own vm)

AdminSDHolder certainly had its way with you.

I really recommend you download the 4.1.3 Docs; they're quite good and give some detail about how and why you should do things the way RIM recommends.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:20 PM   #3
cbunting
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: LancasterWireless

well its onyl for 1 user (me) which is why it's on the same server. I did read thru the docs, but I guess I missed it somewhere...

anyway it appears to be working now so I'm going to bed
Old 06-08-2007, 01:38 PM   #4
bshepard

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Question

Help! I have BB 8830 and using exchange 2003 at work with Outlook 2003. I have no problems with POP email (gmail, etc) - works great. I am trying to figure out how to have exhange 2003 push email to my handheld. Could use redirector but I use a laptop that I take with me so it doesn't stay plugged in to the network under my profile. Any suggestions on how I can use BB wirelessly to sync all Outlook data given that I use a laptop and have exhange 2003, no BES. Thanks!!
Old 06-08-2007, 02:47 PM   #5
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

You should really start a new thread ... but since you didn't ... try creating a VM and using that.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:08 PM   #6
bshepard

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks for the advice. What is a VM?
Old 06-08-2007, 10:31 PM   #7
jgb@etree
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshepard View Post
Help! I have BB 8830 and using exchange 2003 at work with Outlook 2003. I have no problems with POP email (gmail, etc) - works great. I am trying to figure out how to have exhange 2003 push email to my handheld. Could use redirector but I use a laptop that I take with me so it doesn't stay plugged in to the network under my profile. Any suggestions on how I can use BB wirelessly to sync all Outlook data given that I use a laptop and have exhange 2003, no BES. Thanks!!
Create a SMTP enabled contact, and set the address of it to to your carrier BIS address. In one of the exchange tabs on ADU&C there's an delivery options button. Select your new contact as the forward, and check the box to deliver to both addresses.... But how did this post find it's way into this thread?

BES 5.0.4 ~ BES 10.1
Closed Thread