Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 12:51 PM   #1
stac
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8110
Carrier: at&t
Wink 8300 Photo Gallery - Camera Tips

Please Login to Remove!

Like some of you around here, initially I was bothered by the quality of the pictures that my 8300 took... and after spending a good amount of time fiddling with it, I ended up changing all the settings back to default and focusing instead on my technique. That was the trick... the camera is actually a pretty good performer once you learn to breathe and move like a sniper trying to hit a gnat on the back of a kangaroo at 1000 meters Seriously, though, to get the best performance from the camera, you need to really pay attention to holding the phone very still before and after pressing the shutter button in order to get good results.

I'm surprised that no one has posted any pics yet from their 8300, so I figured I'd offer up the picture that really crystalized how still I needed to keep the phone when shooting. In this picture, I'm shooting at a TV screen with a moving actor in a pitch black room. Not a very good subject, nor a good environment for a camera to capture a good image at all, but because I held the phone so motionless, the results were surprisingly good, and told me that there was nothing wrong with the imaging or the software. Keep in mind that this is a picture of a show recorded by TiVo on Medium quality on a 12 year old TV.

Here's a link to the picture...

Stac

'This one goes to eleven...'

Last edited by stac; 06-07-2007 at 12:53 PM..
Closed Thread