Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
Raydog

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular
Default Cingular, and what happened with my Crackberry

Please Login to Remove!

never posted on this forum before so this might be old news or OT, but thought I'd relate my poor experience at the Boulder Colorado Ciongular store w/ a Blackberry 8800 - this post copied off of another forum - thanks for reading - Raydog

It was a total disaster - amazing.

for close to two weeks I couldn't get my email, I kept going down to the Cingular store here in Boulder and the guy there kept saying "oh, it's easy, but there's something wrong with your gmail password"

huh...

so, home I'd go to change my gmail password and of course no change - still no email.

Finally, after three trips, I go in the place and ask one of the other guys, he says -
"you don't have a Blackberry Account."

I asked why?

He said he didn't know, then set it up, accessing a needed number buried INSIDE the device under the battery.

I laughed, all that time wasted - "well," I said, "given these events, I want to return the device and think about it" (meaning maybe check out T-Mobile)

This was just the beginning.

I had paid cash and they said they didn't have enough cash to make the return - I handed them my debit (i use it to buy things online 'cause it's a shallow pocket, ya know) they swiped the debit, handed me the new receipt and out the door I went but, not quite.

You see later that week, with plenty of cash on the debit, I went to buy some groceries and, the debit quit working. I checked it at an ATM, no problem plenty of funds.

So, this AM I go to the place that sold me the card - it's simple, I put money on it and buy things on newegg and pay my monthly usenet account, works fine and no major worries about identity theft/line of credit etc.

So Visa said: "whenever a cash-register transaction is put on the card that wasn't paid for with the card, we freeze the card until there's proof, meaning the original receipt. It's standard to prevent fraud." they said. Makes sense.

Only one problem, I never got the original back (all kept in a neat little file) So, back I go to the Cingular store, I talked to the manager, said "hey, I can't get cash to buy gas or food, what's up and can you help me out?" - no, they would not, I was SOL.

That's where it's at now, I suppose their district manager is going to call me and waste more of my time...

Bummer.

I know, great device, wrong store wrong salesman (twice) - today Cingular zero'd out my bill while I deliberate what to do next.

sorry if this post seems negative - still psyched and will try again
Closed Thread