Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 09:53 AM   #1
hypermaster
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Airtel
Default Reliance Infocom has the Curve

Please Login to Remove!

One of my friends working in Reliance, has seen a Blackberry Curve at their office in Mumbai, India.

Reliance is almost ready to roll out Blackberry service. They have both CDMA & GSM Licence.

I just thought that i'd let you know...
Old 05-06-2007, 10:06 AM   #2
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypermaster View Post
One of my friends working in Reliance, has seen a Blackberry Curve at their office in Mumbai, India.

Reliance is almost ready to roll out Blackberry service. They have both CDMA & GSM Licence.

I just thought that i'd let you know...
While this is generally entertaining news, I'm not sure what it adds to the forum. There is already an official RIM site - so the 8300 is not speculation any longer.

Gotta go.

Need to make a new post that points out for the 12th time that RIM has an official site for the Curve. After that I think I'll post what the receptionist at T-Mobile told me about maybe getting the Curve on the third wednesday in July while I was waiting in line.

Thanks for the inspiration for a couple new off-topic drifts. Now I'll just have to come up with two impossibly unrelated topic headings for the threads which don't relate at all to what I'll write.

Ok, how about these.

For the official blackberry site, I'll use "HOT!!!!! NEW Blackberry Never Before Seen."

For the t-mobile receptionist story, I'll use "Inside Information -Guaranteed Release Date - Must Read".
Old 05-06-2007, 01:59 PM   #3
BBad

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Wow --- talk about someone being a bit crabby today ...
if people are interested in seeing something "generally entertaining" they should look at your pictures on your website...
Old 05-06-2007, 03:36 PM   #4
donthateme13
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: curve
Carrier: tmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas90guru View Post
While this is generally entertaining news, I'm not sure what it adds to the forum. There is already an official RIM site - so the 8300 is not speculation any longer.

Gotta go.

Need to make a new post that points out for the 12th time that RIM has an official site for the Curve. After that I think I'll post what the receptionist at T-Mobile told me about maybe getting the Curve on the third wednesday in July while I was waiting in line.

Thanks for the inspiration for a couple new off-topic drifts. Now I'll just have to come up with two impossibly unrelated topic headings for the threads which don't relate at all to what I'll write.

Ok, how about these.

For the official blackberry site, I'll use "HOT!!!!! NEW Blackberry Never Before Seen."

For the t-mobile receptionist story, I'll use "Inside Information -Guaranteed Release Date - Must Read".
no need to be a prick....
Old 05-06-2007, 04:25 PM   #5
wayneholbrook
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
PIN: 20D214AB

Wow, what a nice guy..........why dont you calm down and read a book about the Dalai Lama, let people post what they feel they want to talk about...
Old 05-06-2007, 04:51 PM   #6
J

Model: 9700

Some folks around here are a bit touchy when it comes to posts (even if they are seemingly somewhat echo-ish)! Dude!!!!

Im so excited about the curve, I'll take any info anytime, even repeats!!!! What nextel has done to me!!!
Old 05-07-2007, 02:18 AM   #7
hypermaster
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Airtel

Whoa !!!
I just though i'd let people know that Reliance Infocom is plannin to launch Blackberry service in India & their 1st phones going to be the Blackberry Curve.
They are the biggest CDMA player in India.

Now there's competition & we hopefully will see lower monthly prices once they start the price war.
Yippie for us.

Plus maybe some reliance users might want to postpone their new purchases...
Old 05-08-2007, 11:45 AM   #8
UserInVa
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon
Default With this kind of attitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas90guru View Post

Gotta go.

Ok, how about these.

I'm surprised you get any new members. This was uncalled for in my opinion.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:00 PM   #9
Nerd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Damn, someone get mas90guru a noose lol
Old 05-08-2007, 10:01 PM   #10
Malkier

Model: 8310
Carrier: ALL

I myself think this is quite interesting news, a carrier starting blackberry services and on the 8300 too! Good to see more options for India.
Thanks Hypermaster.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:14 PM   #11
ofelas

Model: 9550
Carrier: VZW

And, even more interesting, wonder if that Reliance Curve will be available as a CDMA BlackBerry...wow...thx for that news, hypermaster...
Old 06-07-2007, 06:03 PM   #12
BryanHarig
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I doubt it. I think it will be available on the GSM portion of their network. If it were the CDMA version it wouldnt be known as the 8300.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:24 PM   #13
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Two things about tech forums...phone forums or other niche forums.

1. When some people get a handful of post under their belt...they consider themselves instant experts and the memory of being a newbie is distant, if it remains at all. This is demonstrated in arrogant, insulting, and less than patient replies to any ones posts that set them off for some reason...

2. Lots of mobile phone forum folk have absolutely no life whatsoever other than their lives in front of a computer monitor. They feel safe to "be all that they can be" and say whatever they want without fear of accountability or the very real threat of having the taste slapped out of their mouths for something they say in a post to someone else they do not know...and will never meet...if they are lucky.

We all post things from time to time that, although they seem perfectly logical to us at the time (and we really want to share some news with other forum members)...are not totally appropriate. That's ok...and we all do it. So why not excersize some patience with each other when it does occur.
Closed Thread