Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 01:25 PM   #1
CCope

Model: 7100i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Nextel
Default Error when syncing to desktop manager

Please Login to Remove!

I have a Nextel 7100i syncing to a dell laptop via the USB port. I am getting the following error:

AppName: desktopmgr.exe AppVer: 4.2.1.8 ModName: Unknown ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 35f76ad2.

This errror pops up at the completion of the sync process. I have removed the desktop manager, clean the reg. and installed 4.1 service pack 1. I even installed it to a differant location just to make sure I did not have any problems with missed keys. It lasts about 1 week before I get the same error again. I have not found anything on this offset error any help would be great.
Thanks

Chris
Old 04-14-2007, 04:37 PM   #2
justanothertier2tech
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 6510
PIN: N/A
Carrier: nextel

don't want to get snarky here, but the nextel 7100i bb doesnt officially support the 4.2 dtm and reccommends against it at every turn.....they also dont have instructions for a clean uninstall on the 4.2 software like they do on the 4.1.

unofficially i would suggest that you get every little piece from very little crevice that has anything to do with the 4.2 and then try and put on the right dtm.(4.1).

to date i have seen this done 3 times and it has failed each time. utterly unable to completely get rid of the 4.2....perhaps someone on the sprint side has a set of 'clean uninstall' instructions for the 4.2.

i assume there is a piece of dtm 4.2 that has insidiously imbedded itself into the pc.

thats just my opinion for what it is worth.
Closed Thread