BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 01:50 PM   #1
briank555
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: at&t
Default Uhm... was that supposed to happen?

Please Login to Remove!

Ok, I've been loving my 8100 and have ZERO problems with it but something strange just happened and I have to wonder if my phone is just having a little fun with me today.

Before I leave the house, I have my left shortcut key assigned to lock my phone since it always goes in my front pocket. Now I locked the phone as normal then went to put on my shoes and while I was bending slightly over, I felt my phone vibrate. Ok... the phone was on Normal but whatever... so I go to look and see if I got a message or something but the phone decided to put itself into Vibrate mode somehow.

Now at 1st I was thinking this phone somehow sensed it was in my pocket and put it on the best profile which in my opinion is actually Vibrate. But what's the dealio here? It's never done this before and the phone *WAS* still locked when I took it out...

I'd luv a 'Oh its supposed to do that' answer but I'm thinking it just missed me and wanted to let me know ;)
Old 03-27-2007, 01:59 PM   #2
linuxpro
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Vodafone UK

if you hold in the # key the phone go's in Vibrate mode, maybe you accidently pushed in the # key wile the key lock is on

Old 03-27-2007, 06:07 PM   #3
b_d0za
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: T-Mobile

The keylock feature doesn't work correctly. I know you can turn your phone off while in keylock. Maybe you can change it to vibrate as well.

I use the standby feature. Works excellent. Hold the mute button(on the top of the phone) down until you see a message saying it's going into standby. The only thing I've found you can do while in standby is voice dialing with the button on the headphones/mic. Oh yeah and listen to music.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:00 PM   #4
Liberty Ship
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by briank555
Ok, I've been loving my 8100 and have ZERO problems with it but something strange just happened and I have to wonder if my phone is just having a little fun with me today.

Before I leave the house, I have my left shortcut key assigned to lock my phone since it always goes in my front pocket. Now I locked the phone as normal then went to put on my shoes and while I was bending slightly over, I felt my phone vibrate. Ok... the phone was on Normal but whatever... so I go to look and see if I got a message or something but the phone decided to put itself into Vibrate mode somehow.

Now at 1st I was thinking this phone somehow sensed it was in my pocket and put it on the best profile which in my opinion is actually Vibrate. But what's the dealio here? It's never done this before and the phone *WAS* still locked when I took it out...

I'd luv a 'Oh its supposed to do that' answer but I'm thinking it just missed me and wanted to let me know ;)

I think it's supposed to do that. I just experimented. I locked my phone, depressed the #key and it switched to vibrate. Not a bad feature. You can deactivate your audible alarm on the fly without having to go through the unlock, select profile routine.
Closed Thread