BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 07:04 AM   #1
London8700user

Model: 8700T
Unhappy Contact Synch Probs with Outlook 2003

Please Login to Remove!

Hello, I have a 8700t and recently upgraded my desktop synch software for use with Outlook 2003.

When I enter contact info in Outlook, I often use the 'notes' area to add further info. With my previous software, this used to synch perfectly, and all my notes were added to the Blackberry.

Now when I use Outlook 2003, the area for notes does not appear to have a field name at all, and so I am unable to complete mapping and the notes are not synchronising with my Blackberry.

Does anyone have any idea which field should be mapped so that the notes are added to my Blackberry on synch? Many thanks...

Mark
Old 02-04-2007, 09:33 AM   #2
JerryD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by London8700user
Hello, I have a 8700t and recently upgraded my desktop synch software for use with Outlook 2003.

When I enter contact info in Outlook, I often use the 'notes' area to add further info. With my previous software, this used to synch perfectly, and all my notes were added to the Blackberry.

Now when I use Outlook 2003, the area for notes does not appear to have a field name at all, and so I am unable to complete mapping and the notes are not synchronising with my Blackberry.

Does anyone have any idea which field should be mapped so that the notes are added to my Blackberry on synch? Many thanks...

Mark
I've been using Outlook 2003 with BlackBerry since it came out - and upgraded from Outlook XP to 2003 - with no such issue. Contact's Notes has always synced Address Book's Notes.

Maybe you have a conflict in Outlook causing problems. Display your Contacts as an unfiltered Phone List, and go through it making sure none of the entries has a yellow icon - which indicates a conflict. If you find any, resolve it by opening the item, then saving it.

Closed Thread