BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 02:34 AM   #1
reemas
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Default Blackberry Syncing from Markspace - OFFICIAL!

Please Login to Remove!

Finally! Having used their Palm Sync, I can say this will make pocketcrap useless.

http://www.markspace.com/missingsync_blackberry.php
Old 01-15-2007, 10:49 AM   #2
bcaslis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Unfortunately it's not available yet. Q1 is pretty vague. But their Palm OS and WM5 products are great.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:43 PM   #3
theuberprof

Carrier: T-Mobile

It was demoed to me personally at MacWorld. It looks nearly done... But we'll see.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:32 AM   #4
mr_kitty
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-mobile

at this point if they could ship a functional product i'd consider it a grace from god. and i'm an atheist.

i have no less than twenty users now with blackberry pearls crying for a syncing solution. pocketmac either looses their devices or leaves their machines in a bad state with an out of control pcscd. as a professional tech, how can i justify installing such a problematic app on client's machines?

if i wanted to work with software that would require regular maintenance calls from me i would have stayed in windows support.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:55 AM   #5
chad5
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703
Carrier: sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_kitty
at this point if they could ship a functional product i'd consider it a grace from god. and i'm an atheist.

i have no less than twenty users now with blackberry pearls crying for a syncing solution. pocketmac either looses their devices or leaves their machines in a bad state with an out of control pcscd. as a professional tech, how can i justify installing such a problematic app on client's machines?

if i wanted to work with software that would require regular maintenance calls from me i would have stayed in windows support.

okay pocketmac, not great.

Marksync? They suck.

When the going gets rough, they bail.

Yeah don't talk to me about palm sync. My grandmother can build a palm sync...

I had their 40 buck sidekick program. What a piece of you know what. Made pocketmac look like f'ing goddess.

They never returned calls. Email tech support only. Their program never worked as advertised, and then after several months they folded up their greedy asses and stop supporting the program. Not even a version #2 ever came out.

I will never buy any of their crap ware. The absolutely ripped every sidekick owner off. Period.

When going gets tough markspace bails.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:21 PM   #6
mr_kitty
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad5
okay pocketmac, not great.

Marksync? They suck.

When the going gets rough, they bail.

Yeah don't talk to me about palm sync. My grandmother can build a palm sync...

I had their 40 buck sidekick program. What a piece of you know what. Made pocketmac look like f'ing goddess.

They never returned calls. Email tech support only. Their program never worked as advertised, and then after several months they folded up their greedy asses and stop supporting the program. Not even a version #2 ever came out.

I will never buy any of their crap ware. The absolutely ripped every sidekick owner off. Period.

When going gets tough markspace bails.

and this is different from PocketMac how?
Old 01-23-2007, 02:28 AM   #7
peestandingup

Model: 8320

Quote:
Someone just needs to write an iSync plugin & call it quits with all these crappy apps because they are just pointless.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:40 AM   #8
vidmaster99

Quote:
PocketMac is free.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:22 AM   #9
jeffmcclan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Free is no consolation as PM4.0 does not work with the BB8100 (and is not properly supported by PocketMac or RIM). Free is not always a good thing - I would gladly pay for a Calendar/AddressBook/Entourage app that actually worked.

Many Mac owners will not choose a RIM device, or return their RIM device, due to the lack of working sync. Hopefully, the MarkSpace product will work well otherwise I will evaluate swapping my BB8100 for the iPhone in June as it should have flawless Mac sync.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:44 AM   #10
mr_kitty
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidmaster99
PocketMac is free.

And you know what the difference is between sex for money and sex for free?

Sex for money costs less.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:17 PM   #11
Chinasaur
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Z30

I purchased MissingSync for Hiptop and it performed flawlessly under 10.3 with my Sidekick II. When I upgraded to 10.4 and the later Hipto MS version, I ran into some issues, but nothing that they weren't able to work around.

I purchased Missing Sync for my Treo 680 and it performed flawlessly, except for an email label issue that they provided a workaround for.

Everyone has their experiences, I've had nothing but success with their products and will gladly pay for MissingSync for Blackberry when it is released.

To each their own. YMMV.

Luck.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:23 PM   #12
cloud909
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by peestandingup
Someone just needs to write an iSync plugin & call it quits with all these crappy apps because they are just pointless.
Amen... I don't understand why it's taken so long for iSync to support Blackberry... wtf?
Old 01-26-2007, 10:44 AM   #13
drogers

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmcclan
Free is no consolation as PM4.0 does not work with the BB8100 (and is not properly supported by PocketMac or RIM).
I am using PM daily with my pearl, and aside form the fact that it takes 15-20 minutes to sync, it works quite well.

I was also able to get great support from RIM for it when I had an issue...

That being said, I'll gladly try out the M/S version when it comes out - i'd love a 2 minute sync and iLife integration.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:52 PM   #14
ViroBono

Carrier: O2

I've used Missing Sync for Palm and Pocket PC, and been impressed - far better than the PocketMac offerings. I've also found their tech support and customer service fine too.

I have just started using PocketMac for BB, and it seems to be fine. No problem syncing with my PowerBook, iMac or MacBook Pro. On past experience, I'll buy the Mark/Space product when they release it, though.
Closed Thread