BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 03:36 AM   #1
straytoasters

Model: 7130c
Default How to add people to groups..BB7130c/V4.1

Please Login to Remove!

In the address book how do I add people to new groups. I can scroll wheel and create a new group, then click on add member, then it kicks me back to the address book (supposidly to pick someone) but I see no way to choose someone. If I click on anyone I just get the options to see their properties...not add them to my new group. Help.

Straytoasters
Old 09-23-2006, 03:48 AM   #2
straytoasters

Model: 7130c

Did another forum search...found the solution (I guess). You have to add something to the email address part for a member of the address book...if they have something in that field (there may be other "hot" fields, but that one works) then you get a continue option when you scoll click. Straytoasters
Old 09-23-2006, 07:15 AM   #3
JerryD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by straytoasters
In the address book how do I add people to new groups. I can scroll wheel and create a new group, then click on add member, then it kicks me back to the address book (supposidly to pick someone) but I see no way to choose someone. If I click on anyone I just get the options to see their properties...not add them to my new group. Help.

Straytoasters
Assuming you mean Category, the easiest place to do this is within Outlook if you're syncing with it's Contacts.
Otherwise, you must be viewing an entry in the Address Book to get to Categories. While viewing an entry, Click the wheel and select Categories to view your Categories. From here you can Add (New) or Delete a Category. You can not edit Categories.

To apply one or more Categories to an entry in the Address Book, you must be Editing the entry. While editing, Click the wheel and select Categories. You can then Apply (check) or Unapply (uncheck) one or more Categories to that entry. You can also Add or Delete a category from here.

To use Categories, from the Address Book list, Click the wheel and select Filter. Once you select a Category, only entries with that Category checked will be displayed. You can only filter by one Category, but entries can have more than one category applied.

Note that if you leave the Address Book filtered, only those entries which appear in the filtered list will be available when addressing an email or the list displayed when you hold the Call button down for more than one second (at which point your Address Book is displayed).

Closed Thread