BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 05:01 PM   #1
lucus

Model: 7520
Exclamation Email for users not syncing

Please Login to Remove!

I just recently had a blackberry server deligated to my admistration. I have never had to deal with blackberry before, and I only recived a very breif training and a couple of books. We run a BES server that is integrated with our Exchange server with about 50 users. recently I had 4 of our users stop syncing, period. they are still able to use ther BBs as phones. I tried removing the users from the server and then resetting up their accounts. the server gets the pin number from the BB, but nothing else. the BB sometime starts enterprise activation, but usualy doesnt even get that far, and it never finishes. the server also never gets any other information other than the pin and email address, and i think it gets the adress fron the exchange server. I called Nextell and the said thaqt there was nothing wrong with the account on their end, and that i should talk to the sys admin. that would be me, and i shure dont know whats going on. I tried doing the same thing with my BB (removing my account and seting it up again) and it works fine. (my account on the server still says initialising, but thats a seperate problem that ill try and fgure out later). Im not shure what to try next. Any help would be apriciated.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:23 PM   #2
BERDucky
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7290

call Nextel and have them transfer you to RIM

also, may want to post this in "BES admin corner" - as this is the BIS section of the forum - they may have some suggestions
Old 05-12-2006, 07:34 AM   #3
stonent
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
PIN: FFFFFFFF
Carrier: T-Mobile

Two quick things. Check that their exchange mailbox is not full. If it is then the mail services on the phone won't work. Also make sure that their junkmail filters aren't blocking mail from RIM. If any of those are happening, mail won't work.

Prior: BES: 7510, 7520, 7290, 7230, 7130, 8220 (No Data Plan), Droid Eris
Post your question on the forum, don't PM me.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:17 PM   #4
lucus

Model: 7520
Arrow

user gets email in outlook, ther is no limit on data or mailbox size, and we dont have filters set up for our users (unlimited data access plan). i reposted the tread in the admin section, under "bb wont get email" (i think) and added some more info (not to mention correcte some typos). here is the link

blackberryforums. com/showthread.php?t=34906

youll have to clean it up a bit, cause it wont let me post a link yet (need a few more posts. . .)
Closed Thread