BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 04:14 PM   #1
Danlawson

Model: 7130E
Carrier: Verizon
Default Verizon BIS 2.0

Please Login to Remove!

I'm trying to upgrade to 2.0 on my 7130. When I log in to blackberry.com/go/vzw with my computer it doesn't ask me to upgrade. I called Verizon and they told me if I log in with my Blackberry, it will ask me to upgrade. When I go to the site with my Blackberry, it tells me my browser is not supported. The tech support person at Verizon told me "I'm sorry it must be a Rim problem and I'm not allowed to contact Rim". My 7130 is less than a month old. Can anyone help?
Old 04-13-2006, 04:30 PM   #2
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danlawson
I'm trying to upgrade to 2.0 on my 7130. When I log in to blackberry.com/go/vzw with my computer it doesn't ask me to upgrade. I called Verizon and they told me if I log in with my Blackberry, it will ask me to upgrade. When I go to the site with my Blackberry, it tells me my browser is not supported. The tech support person at Verizon told me "I'm sorry it must be a Rim problem and I'm not allowed to contact Rim". My 7130 is less than a month old. Can anyone help?
The BIS 2.0 upgrade for current Verizon customers will be available on 4/17/06. If you can't wait call Verizon data support, have them delete your current BIS account, then create a new account on the BIS.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:06 PM   #3
Danlawson

Model: 7130E

Thanks, I'll try it. Just to satisfy my curiosity.....What's the relationship between the BIS version and the browser? The browser is an application on my handheld. How will creating a new account effect something that resides in the handheld? If it's a silly question, don't bother to answer.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:22 PM   #4
Getup1995
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danlawson
Thanks, I'll try it. Just to satisfy my curiosity.....What's the relationship between the BIS version and the browser? The browser is an application on my handheld. How will creating a new account effect something that resides in the handheld? If it's a silly question, don't bother to answer.
This upgrade will not affect your browser. The upgrade will add icons for each email address you associate with you handheld, but your borwser will remain the same and work the same.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:22 AM   #5
nrw
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8820
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss
The BIS 2.0 upgrade for current Verizon customers will be available on 4/17/06. If you can't wait call Verizon data support, have them delete your current BIS account, then create a new account on the BIS.
I have not been asked to upgrade today (4/17/06); has anyone else? Is it a staggered process?

Nevermind...I went directly after posting to the BIS and it asked me if I wanted to upgrade. I guess patience truly is a virtue...

Last edited by nrw; 04-17-2006 at 08:24 AM..
Old 04-17-2006, 09:47 AM   #6
lraed74
CrackBerry Addict

Model: S2

I logged on this morning and it didnt ask me to upgrade either. So I went and cleared all my cookies, went back and logged in and then it asked me to upgrade...try that?
Old 04-17-2006, 10:19 AM   #7
PCW
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Droid
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default I logged on today (4/17) and got the upgrade offer

Here's what was displayed after I logged in:

Why Upgrade?
You can keep all of the e-mail addresses that you have added to the
BlackBerry Internet Service. You can configure features specific to each e-mail address, like filters, reply-to address, Friendly Name, and Auto Signature. Improved synchronization means that you no longer have to manage the same e-mail in two different locations.

E-mails that you read on your BlackBerry device are marked as read in the originating e-mail address Inbox. The same is true for deleting messages. Replies that you send from your BlackBerry device are saved in the Sent Items folder of the integrated e-mail address.

You no longer have to worry about your mailbox getting full; instead, messages older than 30 days are deleted from the BlackBerry device (but not from your original e-mail account).

You can use your BlackBerry e-mail address to compose, read, and reply to messages on your BlackBerry device. If you receive an e-mail message at your BlackBerry address that you want to keep indefinitely, just forward it to one of your other e-mail addresses.

What's Different?

The BlackBerry Internet Service desktop Inbox view is not available in version 2.0. Instead, you can manage all of your e-mail messages directly on your BlackBerry device. Most of your BlackBerry Internet Service account settings are configurable from your BlackBerry device as well but you can still use the BlackBerry Internet Service website to configure your e-mail address settings if you prefer.

When Should You Upgrade?

You can choose to upgrade now by clicking the Yes button, or you can upgrade later after you have had a chance to use your BlackBerry Internet Service Inbox view to delete, forward, or print some e-mail messages. Click No to delay upgrading to the latest version of the BlackBerry Internet Service.

What You Need to Know (or Important Notes)xxx61623;

When you choose to upgrade, your existing BlackBerry Internet Service e-mail messages are available on your device for 30 days.

Existing filters are not migrated with your BlackBerry Internet Service account information.

You may be prompted to download the most recent version of the BlackBerry Mail Connector.

Do you wish to upgrade your BlackBerry Internet Service?

YES NO

So I'll take the plunge...
Old 04-17-2006, 10:29 AM   #8
animlmed
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e
Carrier: none

Does updating to 2.0 increase delievery time for POP acounts? If I set my yahoo up, would it come in real time? or is it polled every 5 minutes as opposed to 10-15 minutes?
Old 04-17-2006, 10:44 AM   #9
mistermix
Thumbs Must Hurt

POP delivery times seem about the same to me.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:52 AM   #10
animlmed
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: none

Then why would I want that. I have to forward my yahoo to my blackberry address b/c I dont want to wait for it to be polled. Then, because I use yahoo, the only way I can view e-mails is on the inbox of the BIS. Grrrr......

Thank you for letting me know. Now I doubt I will upgrade until I'm forced to.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:43 PM   #11
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: VZW

Wirelessly posted (7130e VZW: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Poll time is the same unless your e-mail service notifies your BIS that you have a new message waiting, in which case your BIS immediately pulls your new messages. I understand that Yahoo does notify BIS of new messages. Most services don't.

I would encourage you guys to read some of the other threads on this issue. You're asking questions that have been asked and answered many, many times.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:25 PM   #12
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdpmumin
Wirelessly posted (7130e VZW: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I would encourage you guys to read some of the other threads on this issue. You're asking questions that have been asked and answered many, many times.
Here's the thread

http://blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=31303
Old 04-17-2006, 03:04 PM   #13
Danimal
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCW
Here's what was displayed after I logged in:

Why Upgrade?
You can keep all of the e-mail addresses that you have added to the
BlackBerry Internet Service. You can configure features specific to each e-mail address, like filters, reply-to address, Friendly Name, and Auto Signature. Improved synchronization means that you no longer have to manage the same e-mail in two different locations.

E-mails that you read on your BlackBerry device are marked as read in the originating e-mail address Inbox. The same is true for deleting messages. Replies that you send from your BlackBerry device are saved in the Sent Items folder of the integrated e-mail address.

You no longer have to worry about your mailbox getting full; instead, messages older than 30 days are deleted from the BlackBerry device (but not from your original e-mail account).
This could be dangerous couldn't it. If you want to delete something off of only your BB you can't without it deleting off of your main email account.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:55 PM   #14
Getup1995
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Sprint

You can set each of your email accounts to prompt what you want done with deleted messages. It will ask if you want it deleted on the mailbox or the mailbox and handheld. This way you can choose if the message is deleted from your mailbox.