Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 03:09 PM   #1
Scooters
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular
Default Motorola Bluetooth Car Kit & 7290= Problems

Please Login to Remove!

I just set up the Motorola Bluetooth Car Kit (the full-install model) and am attempting to use it with my 7290.

I cannot get the two to properly link in either the "automatic" or "ask permission first" mode.

The Car Kit's blue light comes on (steady) and it looks like it is linked. However, there is no popup acknowledgment on the Blackberry.

Calls ring on the car kit's speaker, but I can't get them to answer or initiate.

I can do a workaround by going (deep) into the Blackberry settings, disabling the device and enabling it again. I then get the connected message and everything seems to work fine.

I really like the voice dialing that is built into the Car Kit, but it just won't connect properly.

Has anyone else used this kit?

Has it worked for you with the 7290??

Any other ideas or better ways to get the two units talkin'???
Old 01-30-2005, 05:56 PM   #2
PlatinumGLI

Model: 8703
Carrier: Bell

it seems there's a lot of bt problems with the 7290. From what I hear....OS 4.0 fixes it all.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:40 AM   #3
Scooters
Thumbs Must Hurt

I will be standing-by for the life-altering update. 8)
Old 01-31-2005, 06:12 PM   #4
sbagdan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290 on T-Mobile

I disagree about the problems. I LOVE my 7290, I have a friend who has the 7520, and is having BT headset issues (can only use the BT-250!) My 7290 paired with by HS-820, HS-850 and BT-250 with ZERO issues. I am thinking about getting the BMW bluetooth for my car.....
T-Mobile 7230 (Retired)
Old 02-01-2005, 10:31 PM   #5
shadow07
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Now that is interesting. I have the Cingular 7290 unit, the Motorola HS-810 and the Sony/Erickson HBH-300 Bluetooth units, and with both I hear cracking uring the conversation.

Have you not experienced this issue?
Old 02-01-2005, 11:08 PM   #6
Scotty_T
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T, Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow07
Now that is interesting. I have the Cingular 7290 unit, the Motorola HS-810 and the Sony/Erickson HBH-300 Bluetooth units, and with both I hear cracking uring the conversation.

Have you not experienced this issue?
Upgrade to the latest 4.0 release for the 7290 and the cracking should go away. Also the Jabra BT250 is higher quality than the HS-810 especially.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:09 PM   #7
Scooters
Thumbs Must Hurt

Just for the record.... I am using my 7290 with the Motorola BT-850 earpiece and have used it with the Plantronics earpiece. No problems with either one.

I do have a major problem with the Motorola Car Kit. Hopefully ver 4 will solve this problem, once it gets to Cingular.

I love the 7290, I just need to get it working with the car kit!
Old 02-23-2005, 08:49 PM   #8
shaemus
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: cingular
Default Chrysler UConnect and 7290

Have the same problem with the Chrysler UConnect in my Jeep. 7290 just won't work.

No problem with 7290 and Motorola HS810.

Didn't have a problem with a Motorola phone, V600 I think and either HS810 or the UConnect.

Hope Cingular v4 solves the problem.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:51 AM   #9
Teledatageek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I was at the Verizon store yesterday and they told me that the Motorola Bluetooth car kit was incompatible with the Blackberry's. It was a service tech and the guy who installs them.......
Old 03-04-2005, 10:05 AM   #10
Pscobee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: cingular

Quote:
I was at the Verizon store yesterday and they told me that the Motorola Bluetooth car kit was incompatible with the Blackberry's. It was a service tech and the guy who installs them.......
Especially a T-Mobile Blackberry!

The same Verizon techs told me my HS-810 wouldn't work, it does..

They also told me the usb car charger I bought wouldn't work, it does....

Some techs are good, some are cr@p.. eveything you need to know is here in the forums! 8)
Old 03-04-2005, 10:19 AM   #11
Teledatageek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Pscobee,

Of course I was asking Verizon about my 7250....

Has anybody sucessfully installed and used the Bluetooth car kit with the berry's?

I take answers I get with a grain of salt and I have done much searching on several BB forums about this....

The only one that seems like it will work for sure is the THBBURY unit which really looks great. Of course I can't find anyone that sells it in the U.S.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:14 PM   #12
Scooters
Thumbs Must Hurt

Sorry Guyz.... The Motorola Bluetooth Car Kit did not work any better with the Cingular 4.0 software for the 7290. Still having the same problems above.

Please advise if you find any other solutions.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:34 AM   #13
Teledatageek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Checking in again - Is there anyone who has successfully installed and used the Motorola Bluetooth car kit with the 7250? Motorola just came out with a new Handsfree kit (IHF1000) but there isn't much info about it.

I received mixed info again yesterday. I had Verizon now tell me that either kit should work fine. I spoke to two dealers who sell them and they both cautioned me with the Blackberry and suggested that I call RIM before making the investment. The fellow at the place that also installs them said they have installed several of the older kits (98500, now in closeout) and while they mostly worked OK, if the person turned their car off and then restarted the phones didn't always have audio when they paired again with the system. He was going to call Motorola and see if the IHF1000 addressed the issue.

I'm surprised that more people don't want in car kits. It would go well with my Proclip installation that places the phone up on the dash nicely. I really don't want to hassle with a BT headset and would prefer something hardwired.

Any comments are appreciated!
Old 03-26-2005, 09:34 AM   #14
JcMarin

Default Any success with IHF1000 and 7290

Scooters, Teledatageek

Did you guys had any success with the IHF1000?

Just bought one but although the two pair with no porblems everytime, it just does not transfer audio to the CarKit and you can not dial or answer form the blackberry

I'm going to upgrade to OS 4 and try again but wanted to know if there was any comments on success or failure from you

EDIT: I updated to O.S. 4 and it looks like everything is working now, it connects OK and could make a couple of calls. will finish testing everything tomorrow

Last edited by JcMarin; 03-26-2005 at 02:58 PM..
Old 03-28-2005, 01:37 PM   #15
Fraggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teledatageek
Checking in again - Is there anyone who has successfully installed and used the Motorola Bluetooth car kit with the 7250? Motorola just came out with a new Handsfree kit (IHF1000) but there isn't much info about it.

I received mixed info again yesterday. I had Verizon now tell me that either kit should work fine. I spoke to two dealers who sell them and they both cautioned me with the Blackberry and suggested that I call RIM before making the investment. The fellow at the place that also installs them said they have installed several of the older kits (98500, now in closeout) and while they mostly worked OK, if the person turned their car off and then restarted the phones didn't always have audio when they paired again with the system. He was going to call Motorola and see if the IHF1000 addressed the issue.

I'm surprised that more people don't want in car kits. It would go well with my Proclip installation that places the phone up on the dash nicely. I really don't want to hassle with a BT headset and would prefer something hardwired.

Any comments are appreciated!
At least I know now that it's not just me that was having problems between my Motorola Bluetooth car kit and my 7100t! :(

I have *exactly* the problem described above, and have now got into the habit of going to Tools->Settings->Bluetooth->Motorola Car Kit->Connect on my Blackberry, right before I start the car.... it then works like a charm everytime... unfortunately, it's a PITA to do, but at least I get audio through the car kit!
Old 03-30-2005, 05:04 PM   #16
dclabman

Just installed the Parrot CK3100 car kit in a 2004 GMC Yukon today. It actually works. BB is a 7290. The installation required using an external speaker but the phone can make and receive calls. The phonebook doesn't work because blackberrys don't have object push allowing to send phonebook contacts. I think this is about the best we can do right now with BB and car kits. Look for Parrot and Blackberry to upgrade firmware.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:03 PM   #17
wmr

Model: 7250

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcMarin
Scooters, Teledatageek

Did you guys had any success with the IHF1000?

Just bought one but although the two pair with no porblems everytime, it just does not transfer audio to the CarKit and you can not dial or answer form the blackberry

I'm going to upgrade to OS 4 and try again but wanted to know if there was any comments on success or failure from you

EDIT: I updated to O.S. 4 and it looks like everything is working now, it connects OK and could make a couple of calls. will finish testing everything tomorrow
I have the exact same problem. Any known fixes???
Old 05-07-2005, 06:46 AM   #18
louis.grella@verizon.net

Model: 7250

I just installed the parrot ck3100 with my 7250. The unit works great as far as the basic functions, make call and answer. My only problem so far is that to use the voice dialing I need to transfer my address book to the car kit, I am not sure how this is done and I am waiting for an answer from the car kit techsupport.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:23 AM   #19
Coveking

Model: 7290
Default how do I upgrade to ver. 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooters
Sorry Guyz.... The Motorola Bluetooth Car Kit did not work any better with the Cingular 4.0 software for the 7290. Still having the same problems above.

Please advise if you find any other solutions.
I am having the same problems. Can anyone tell me how to upgrade to ver 4.0
Old 05-15-2005, 10:43 PM   #20
Coveking

Model: 7290
Default problems with 7290 and car kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbagdan
I disagree about the problems. I LOVE my 7290, I have a friend who has the 7520, and is having BT headset issues (can only use the BT-250!) My 7290 paired with by HS-820, HS-850 and BT-250 with ZERO issues. I am thinking about getting the BMW bluetooth for my car.....

I have installed version 4.0 with noimprovement. Anyone have ideas
Closed Thread