Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
Mannix

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers
Default 9780 white screen only on startup

Please Login to Remove!

Hello, I bought a used Bold 9780 that works well, other than, if I take out the battery replace it, then turn it on, the screen is white. The screen is blank for about the same time as you would see on a normal start up, meaning that you see the "blackberry" written with the initialisation light bar under it. So after being white for a few minutes it fades to black and when I press any button I have a normal screen. When I turn off the phone and back on with the battery in place, it on starts normally, no issues. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: 9780 white screen only on startup

So it has done that every time so far? Not normal sometimes and white screen sometimes?

See what others say. I don't like the sound of it. At least so far as I know you should see the same dark screen and progress bar with the 9780. But the switch to a dark screen and you having to press a button to get screen is definitely not good.

You could try reloading the OS and see what happens, but I think I would return the device and get my money back.

Last edited by aiharkness; 05-27-2012 at 02:55 PM..
Old 05-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
Mannix

Thanks for your reply, Happens every time the battery is removed and then put back. Never happens when I turn it off and then on. Seems to stay white about the same time as you would wait the progress bar to complete start up.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:07 AM   #4
Mannix

I decided to take it to a cell phone repair shop to see if they had any ideas. The clerk said nothing wrong with the phone, you can leave it like that. The screen is not original and most likely the screen has been replaced with an incorrect model. If that's true, it leads me to the next question, how can I determine the correct screen model, without the original? All I know, is that it's a 9780 made in Mexico. Can I get the correct screen version by other data, example serial #, or other information? Thanks
Old 05-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #5
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

If I were you, I would return the device and get your money back. It appears that you are asking for more problems, the longer you keep it.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 05-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

I agree. In the big scheme of things, there is probably a reference somewhere that says what screen was used with what serial number device, but no clue where to find it, or even if that info is public. Usually a person looks at the identifying info on the original screen and goes by that. However, who knows what else there is with the device. Get your money back if you can.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 05-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #7
Mannix

Thank you for your responses. I would tend to agree with you that it is not normal, but it works great otherwise.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:46 PM   #8
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Good luck.

I'm looking at it from the perspective of not knowing what you paid for it. If you paid for a legit used device that was just used and nothing more, and the history and condition of the device was misrepresented to you, then you've been cheated. If you believe you got fair value none the less, then that's maybe a different matter.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:05 AM   #9
Mannix

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Good luck.

I'm looking at it from the perspective of not knowing what you paid for it. If you paid for a legit used device that was just used and nothing more, and the history and condition of the device was misrepresented to you, then you've been cheated. If you believe you got fair value none the less, then that's maybe a different matter.
Agreed, gave it back yesterday evening, Thank you very much for your time and help!!!
Closed Thread