Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 09:55 AM   #1
Hyperonoxygen

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Default Strange keyboard problem - Bold 9700 - please help

Please Login to Remove!

my blackberry bold 9700 is only 4 months old but i have a couple of keyboard problems...

the first is that the 'l' button doesnt always respond but i can live with that

the second problem has occured within the past week and leaves me unable to even use my blackberry.
when i use the middle button to select something it thinks it is constantly being pressed down and all the menu, back and call buttons often dont work, i can use them for roughly 30 secs after leaving the phone for a while but they usually dont work. When the blackberry is unlocked it will make calls send emails and send text messages as it thinks those buttons are being selected. i can however move in all directions with the middle button if it doesnt think it is being held down, often the slightest touch will set it off. i have tried all different solutions offered including a hard reset and nothing has worked,

can anyone help me? im going to Protugal in a couple of days and would rather not have to send it off!

Thanks
Old 08-20-2010, 07:44 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

You are describing symptoms of moisture exposure. From what people report, it sometimes doesn't take much. A sweaty pocket. Fogged up shower room. Someone even thought condensation when leaving an air conditioned space to the humid outdoors was causing problems.

See BlackBerry FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ and the article on what to do if you get your blackberry wet.

If you don't think moisture is the problem, and the device is under warranty, don't delay, contact customer service where you purchased it and go from there.