Old 05-22-2010, 01:49 PM   #1
darrenmott
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Claro
Exclamation EDGE goes to edge when i use certain apps

Please Login to Remove!

I noticed that my EDGE (in caps) goes to edge (in lower case) whenever i run apps such as google maps (4.2) or weather bug. i called my service provider alot of times about it and they say the account is in good order and it seems to be an isolated issue. I've done countless battery pulls and it still switches at the launching of these apps and also i have had the provider re-send me the service books and it still happens

Does anyone have a solution for this?
Old 05-24-2010, 02:27 AM   #2
mazine16
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: t-mobile

what is your OS that you are running? go to options, about, and see what version you have. it should be 5.0.0.xxx?

this problem is frequent with an unlocked storm 1. however it should normally only occur on streaming apps such as radio and stuff. NOT on google maps
Old 05-25-2010, 09:59 AM   #3
darrenmott
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Claro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazine16 View Post
what is your OS that you are running? go to options, about, and see what version you have. it should be 5.0.0.xxx?

this problem is frequent with an unlocked storm 1. however it should normally only occur on streaming apps such as radio and stuff. NOT on google maps
i'm running 5.0.0.591. but funny enough it doesnt occur when i stream radio and stuff like that
Old 05-25-2010, 09:23 PM   #4
mazine16
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: t-mobile

it doesnt+??? that is very weird. cuz usually it occurs when streaming radio cuz it would try to go through your APN settings instead of the BIS server. try changing the setting in the apps that cause it to allowing everything in permissions. that might change. if not, delete the apps, and reinstall them
Closed Thread