BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 10:58 PM   #1
david754

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: MTS Mobility
Default Gmail - "Send mail as" causing e-mail not to be received.

Please Login to Remove!

Please read and tell me your opinion, or what the resolution or reasoning would be.

The issue:
I want to send myself some information for the road, so I open my work email, copy and paste it in, and send it to my gmail account (which is set up on my phone).

The problem is, I would NEVER receive the messages, so I would have to send them to my @xxx.blackberry.com account (which wouldn't automatically leave a copy on my gmail) . . . sure I could send to gmail and create a filter to do whatever, but ultimately . . . SOMETHING WAS BROKEN.

The Cause:
After troubleshooting it myself, I figured it out, I had set up the "Send mail as" section in "Account and Import" in Gmail to be able to SEND AS my work e-mail address (for professional reasons).

AND:
Well, I guess that gmail thinks that it's myself that's send myself the message, so it doesn't forward it to my email account on the blackberry for some reason. Why is that?

Why CAN you send a message from your [email address] to [email address], but it won't show up on your blackberry?????

Here's an image of the area I'm talking about (I'm under the 10 post limit so just rid of the spaces and quotes):

"http : / / img193 . imageshack . us / img193 / 4947 / gmailsendas . png"

But ya. Any ideas of a resolution . . . or is this something that blackberry / gmail needs to fix, or does for a specific reason?

Thanks.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:24 AM   #2
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

Wirelessly posted (White and Nerdy)

Why did you put xxx.blackberry.com?

Who cares what your carrier is? And its .net btw :P

As for your issue, it has to have something to do with the gmail filters. Ill take a closer look at mine and see what I can figure out
Old 01-23-2010, 11:08 PM   #3
anupum

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Have the same question/problem myself. I can't send gmail to myself on my BB. I'm using a BB9700 on T-Mo. Not sure if it's a carrier specific problem but I spent 4-hrs on customer support with T-Mo and it stumped them.
Closed Thread