Old 10-13-2009, 09:47 AM   #1
mnorman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default How to Stop DM5 Update Message?

Please Login to Remove!

I installed DM 5.0, the English version instead of multi-language. Now each time I start DM I get a dialog box that says "Application Updates Available...English UK Language Support." And each time I allow it to "Update Now," it runs through its routine and tells me there are no updates. How do I stop the the dialog box from popping up each time I start DM? Should I download 5.0 Multi-language and install it instead...on top of the English version (don't know why I picked that.)?
Old 10-13-2009, 09:51 AM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

On your PC, go to Control Panel > Add>Remove Programs and click on the DM installation. You will have a choice to "change" and open that and UNclick the radio button to check for updates each time.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:06 AM   #3
mnorman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default CP Doesn't work

Thanks, but the CP "change" takes me to a series of dialog boxes, then to finish, it tells me its looking for Blackberry Desktop software.msi and since that's no where on my hard drive, the routine won't finish and I still get the update notice. Suggestions, please.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:07 PM   #4
mnorman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default In addtion to the above I found...

I now have an extra icon om tje sys-tray leftover each time I start DM and close it. The icon's properties tell me its for DM 4.7 (I'd installed 5.0 over it.) Also I found this

Desktop Manager MSI missing !! - BlackBerry Curve - BlackBerry 8300 Series Smartphone - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Now, if you follow RIM's advice from the link embedded in the above thread, to fix all this you have to completely uninstal 5.0, loosing all your settings, clean the registry and start all over again.
Closed Thread