Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 06:23 PM   #1
Lanbeast

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default Curve 8310 - 507 error reverts back to 561

Please Login to Remove!

I have read through the forums in order to find a fix but can't find anything specific to my problem. I attempted to install OS 4.5 on my 8310 and got the fatal error, 561 white screen. So I used JL_Cmder to wipe my blackberry and the error code turned to 507. However now when I use the Apploader or Desktop Manager, as soon as i click to okay to allow the program to begin the update process, the phone goes from the 507 error, to the phone-computer connection icon, back to the 561 error. My computer then can not find the phone when trying to connect.

I'm running Win7 and have tried 3 seperate USB ports. I also tried 2 USB ports on my parents' computer which is running Windows XP.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

Wonder if this a problem with Windows 7 are you able to try a difference version of Windows/Computer?

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-30-2009, 08:10 PM   #3
Lanbeast

If you check the end of my original post I commented there, I tested it on another PC that is running Windows XP Home Edition. I'm still having the same problem.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:55 PM   #4
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

Have you tried more then one version of OS 4.5?

I assume you've tried both FAQ articles about JL_CMDer?

How many times have you tried where the computer doesn't see the phone?

Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by SteveO86; 05-30-2009 at 09:56 PM..
Old 05-31-2009, 01:26 PM   #5
Lanbeast

I've attempted the OS update with the download from blackberry.com and also another link I found through google. Both had the same result. I can't figure out what to do :(.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:59 PM   #6
BBCrackhead
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ
Old 07-22-2009, 02:20 PM   #7
jsova

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility

I have followed the steps in "What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe" and the loader completes with Load successful, but when the device boots up after the load it gets the error 561 with the bad icon. After getting the 561 error I reset the device and now get the message,
JVM Error 535
Filesystem runtime check failed:
k=10005,c=6,p=212c950,h=1360,o=0,s=0

I get the options to reset or continue but when I continue it tells me a reset must be preformed and after the reset it's back to the JVM Error 535

if any help could be provided this blackberry is no longer under warrenty so I'm attempting to fix on my own.

Thank You,
Old 07-22-2009, 02:51 PM   #8
FreddGarvin

Carrier: Tmobile

I have a blackberry 8310 that gave me the same error when i tried to upgrade through the newly upgraded Desktop Manager 5.0. I frantically searched on the web through a number of forums without much help. I saw that people were getting by it but no real good solution. Finally i decided to go to RIMs website and try to get a new upgrade package. When i launched the upgrade loader from the RIM site it automatically picked up the load and completed successfully. Good luck to those others that are getting this. I hope what worked for me will work for you as well.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:57 PM   #9
jsova

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility

hrmm, I'm running Desktop manager 4.6 with the latest Device software provided by RIM for my provider. I've pulled the battery after getting the error I list above and now when I boot the handheld i'm getting error 507 with the unhappy icon.

Any ideas?
Old 07-23-2009, 07:17 AM   #10
Kavim

Model: 9700
Carrier: O2 UK

i tried updating the os on an 8310 yesterday... left it overnight, but i think my computer went to sleep or the installation messed up half way through and i was left with a 507 error on the apploader when i tried to reinstall and 561 error on the bb screen with a finny window with 3 shapes in it on a blank white screen

I was reading through the forums and tried this and it fixed...:

download the latest os u want from the forums for ur handheld, open the file so it installs to ur pc. delete the vendor.xml file in the: "common files/ Research In Motion/ AppLoader" directory and then connect ur bb and click on the loader file to start the install on ur bb...

when it asks u which device with its pin to update... (for me the correct pin for the device was showing) keep ur bb plugged into the usb port and remove the battery. this pin on screen changed to "unknown" and I clicked next and the os install started....

when it got to the part of the install where it said "reconnecting to JVM" the bb booted up and showed a picture of a battery with a red line through it... so i waited a minute or so... and then figured its time to put the battery in...

I inserted the battery... and then for 2 or 3 seconds the same 516 error screen as before showed on screen, then the screen changed to the connected to pc screen and the update continued and complete successfully

just had to restore data from the backup...if u were doing an install at the time then u'll have a loader backup hopefully with ur most recent data on it

and then I had to reinstall all my 3rd party applications and the bb is up and running again

hope if u try the above it solves ur problem
Closed Thread