Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 09:01 AM   #1
twalter

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Angry Problem with BT Headset & Voicedialing

Please Login to Remove!

I just purchased a Motorola H680 headset and have a persistent bug when attempting to use the voice dial feature. Pressing the feature button on the headset results in a "high-low" tone (signifying a connection with the BB) and no further action. When I try it with the BB out of the holster (and unlocked) I get a spectacularly useless error message, to whit "Unknown Error" displayed on the screen. Even more aggravating is that it will work once out of a dozen attempts.

So far, I've done both a soft-reset and hard-reset. I turned off echo cancellation (as it killed *all* audio through the headset) and ensured the BT options for "Allow All Outgoing Calls" is on (so it should work even when locked).

The event log shows the BT handsfree app kicking in and logs the status codes DD08 and SC01. Be nice if RIM used a few megabytes of their ROM for English error messages but I guess that's too much to ask for.

Any helpful suggestions are appreciated.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:44 AM   #2
twalter

Default More info

Forgot to mention I'm using v4.6.0.162 (Rogers-branded)

Also, oddly, when attempting to record a voice memo it popped up the dialing menu. After cancelling it and pressing the BT headset button I was able to "Check status" once before it went back to ignoring me. It seems as though the BT app hangs after voice dial app instance is created.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
twalter

Odd as it seems to reply to my own problem the solution was straightforward, if obtuse. Turning off the Content Protection on contacts will allow the headset to make VAD calls. It's a shame that setting the IT Policy for bb_vad was insufficient and giving up the protection is what is necessary to make it work.
Closed Thread