Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 07:05 PM   #1
cashcolorchaos

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Exclamation Question About Non-BlackBerry Plan

Please Login to Remove!

First off, this is my first post here on BlackBerry Forums! It's nice to know that there are so many informed people here.

Anyway, I'm so sorry if this has already been posted, but I couldn't find the answer to my concern. So, I was using a T-Zones hack on my old phone which allowed unlimited access to internet browsing (T-Mobile Dash and iPhone). I wanted to know if there was a generic internet plan for the unlocked BlackBerry Bold I purchased yesterday and found the STICKY AT THE TOP OF THE FORUM TITLED "Attention: HOWTO: Use BlackBerry on Generic NON-BlackBerry Data Plan" , which ended up working for me! For the APN I put epc.tmobile.com instead of wap.tmobile.com (I hear epc.tmobile.com is faster). Anyway, I'm a little concerned. I feel worried that I might be charged for using data. T-Mobile wouldn't do that, right? So, I'm using Opera Mini for my web browsing, Gmail app for my mail, and Palringo for my IMs. All of these 3rd party apps should be safe for me to use without being billed, correct? And to clarify, at the top right it says, "edge" instead of "EDGE" and for the apn, I used epc.tmobile.com. Am I safe? I mean, the thread I got the directions from said that all third party apps are okay to use on this generic plan (Gmail, Palringo, Opera Mini). I don't want an actual BlackBerry plan. I'm content with the $5.99 T-Zones workaround. I'm just a little paranoid, because the T-Mobile page says I haven't used data since yesteday, which is when I was using T-Zones on my old phone. Why hasn't T-Mobile logged last night's or today's usage? I clearly checked my e-mails on the Gmail app and browsed pages on Opera Mini! What gives? It's kind of worrying me. I mean, it's so fast, unusually fast internet for $5.99. Is this all too good to be true?

I'm so sorry for the hefty thread! Thanks in advance, guys.

One last thing, since I'm using Palringo, if it's running in the background, will it be using much data? I know the T-Zones is unlimited, but I don't want to look too suspicious.

NOTE: I'm on T-Mobile USA.

Last edited by cashcolorchaos; 03-15-2009 at 07:07 PM..
Old 03-15-2009, 08:36 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

If you have no data plan, you most likely will be charged. Data usage can be tracked by the PIN. There is no hack that I am aware of. If you have an unlimited data plan then you should be OK.

But don't ask for help trying to circumvent paying your fair share.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!

Last edited by Dubdub; 03-15-2009 at 08:38 PM..
Closed Thread