Carrier: vodafone
Default can anybody tell me what video format to use

Please Login to Remove!

please help, what format works best?
Old 12-22-2008, 11:46 AM   #2
jjd228
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon. (Exchange/BES Architect & Engineer since the very very beginning :)

Google works. Try it.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:54 AM   #3
ninjapilot

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A

very helpful jjd228. great vibe in this forum. glad i joined.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:55 AM   #4
jjd228

Carrier: Verizon. (Exchange/BES Architect & Engineer since the very very beginning :)

yeah, youll get used to it. most people here help those who help themselves.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:11 PM   #5
ninjapilot

that makes no sence for a forum. just joined 20 mins ago swiched from nokia to blackberry 2 weeks ago so i'm pretty new to it all. thats why i thought i'd join a forum , for HELP not to show off on how much i KNOW about it. again jjd228 thanks for nothing thats your second post and still you won't tell me which video format works the best. why join a forumif your all gonna tell me to sewrch through google..this forum is starting to suck after 20min again jjd228 thanks for a grerat 1st impression.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:12 PM   #6
ninjapilot

+ i was only after 10 posts so i could start uploading wallpapers for ya all.. don't think i'll bother now tho.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:38 PM   #7
Kopter

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon (BES)

jjd228... WOW ! a little rough... don't you think?

Ninja.... can you be more specific with your question. Do you mean the video format on the device itself? Do you mean converting video to playback on the device?

I have found it helpful to search the STORM forum for answers. Also, refer to the BlackberryFAQ.com area.. it has a LOT of information.

Additionally, I think there is also a Wiki for the Storm that a BBF member started.... can't recall the url.

And welcome to BBF.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:46 PM   #8
rpjohs

Carrier: Verizon

Welcome to the forums. Most people will take the extra time to tell you to search for a thread instead of just replying to your questions.

But, your question if vague. Elaborate, and we will try to get an answer for you.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:01 PM   #9
correia
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm

I am not sure if this is the same question, but I find it hard to find any video clips on the web that are supported by the storms media player. For example if I want to view movie trailers, I cannot find a site that I can view them directly on my phone.

Can anyone list some sites that have media compatible with the Storm?
Old 12-22-2008, 01:08 PM   #10
rpjohs

Quote:
Originally Posted by correia View Post
I am not sure if this is the same question, but I find it hard to find any video clips on the web that are supported by the storms media player. For example if I want to view movie trailers, I cannot find a site that I can view them directly on my phone.

Can anyone list some sites that have media compatible with the Storm?
Have you installed the youtube app? It works quite well.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:10 PM   #11
VZWStormTrooper

Carrier: vzw

Mp4 works great for me.. took a bunch of DVD torrents 700> MP4 were about 300MB...
Old 12-22-2008, 01:28 PM   #12
zduchene

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

The site .::[Videos4BlackBerry]::. | has a ton of videos on it...mostly tv episodes. unfortunately you have to download them on your computer first cause the size is to large for the blackberry to download directly OTA....unless someone knows a trick???
Old 12-22-2008, 01:55 PM   #13
correia
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpjohs View Post
Have you installed the youtube app? It works quite well.
I did install the youtube app but the video quality was quite poor. How was your video quality? Maybe there was something I didn't set up properly.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:19 PM   #14
larryw
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: VZ

I've been playing with a couple apps that do the conversion and am very happy with this one:

www (dot) videora (dot) com/en-us/Converter/iPhone/ (I can't post links on this site)

I'm using the "Power User" mode with 2nd Generation settings, H.264 480x320 768kbps/128 stereo and it works very well. Also has a YouTube downloader/converter app that comes with.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:18 PM   #15
fish2find
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: the tail on the Donkey!

I use the desktop manager and the Roxie program thats in it. The vids I have transferred are WMA on my desktop, but when I had put them on the BB it had a "convert for optimal playback" or something like that and that switched them to MP4 on the BB.

While typing this I pulled up my "replay converter" and I noticed there is an option to convert for 3G device video. I was going to ask what would be the best off that list, but looks like that would be the one.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:03 PM   #16
cinder_tyson

I agree with VZWStormTrooper... MP4 seems to work the best - very similar to PSP videos. I've actually used my PSP videos on the Storm and they worked flawlessly.

I use the registered version 5 of DVDFab which comes with a very user friendly interface that allows you to pick the target device that you want the video formatted for such as PSP, IPod, Xbox360, PS3, etc. DVDFab has default settings for each target device, so you can choose PSP and it will format the video/audio into an MP4 file.

DVDFab has a free version is available but doesn't have the ability to chose your end component.

Hope this helps...

One small thing - don't attempt to play the "portable" digital WMV copy of Dark Knight on the Storm. I made that mistake and it crashed/forced a reboot on mine.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:19 PM   #17
fupresti

You can use DVDFab to decrypt the DVD file if using a DVD.

If you need to convert to MP4 which is easier, use Handbrake. If will convert any video file to preferred format. I use the iTuned High-res option which converts to 640 pixels wide and maintains aspect ratio.

Hope that helps.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:24 AM   #18
PHLAK

I used DVDFab for one video (used the iPhone setting I think), and that worked well. Though I've recently switched to using Handbrake and have used it for everything execpt converting video for my Storm, I'll try that out tomorrow.

Note, if you plan on using Handbrake to convert directly from a DVD, you may have to use DVD Decrypter to remove the encryption first.

HandBrake

DVD Decrypter

My BlackBerry Storm Wallpapers
Old 12-24-2008, 11:55 AM   #19
recca
Thumbs Must Hurt

If you want to download FLV videos from the web, there are many sites that can help you. What I use actually is DownloadHelper plug-in on Firefox (easy as cake). Then I used Any Video Converter to change from .flv to .mp4 with whatever setting I desire. This works great, a little bit of work though.
Closed Thread