Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 09:44 PM   #1
madmomma

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t
Angry numbers spontaneously appear in call log

Please Login to Remove!

I am a first time poster and I am needing some information. Here is the background. My husband has a blackberry 8310. He had been calling an ex girlfriend and talking for hours and I found out. He supposedly stopped calling her and her name and number were deleted from his address book. Yesterday, I looked at his call history and her name and number were listed on his call history but her name and number do not appear in the address book. He swears he didn't call her and states there are other numbers in his call history that he didn't call either, that they just appeared randomly out of the blue. Has anyone ever had phone numbers just appear in their call history? Especially if the name and number had already been deleted from the address book? Any feedback on this amazing phenonmenon would be helpful.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:47 PM   #2
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

They will show up if they were not deleted from the call log even after they were deleted out of the contacts. But once deleted from the call logs it would be a miracle if they show back up.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:53 PM   #3
Moonshadow
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8130
Carrier: TELUS

Wirelessly posted (8130)

Ditto. I have never experienced spontaneous call logs. Been a BB user for over 5 years.

Telus - 8130 - BES/BIS
Old 12-14-2008, 10:14 PM   #4
mondouxd
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
Carrier: verizon

in my experience, I think if you have someone in your address book, call them, then delete their address book entry, your call log would still show their name. I just tested it on my Curve and now if I call the number, it says just the number. The only way what you are describing can happen is if he had her in his phone book earlier in the day, then deleted the entry before you got to look at it.

I hiiiiiighly doubt her name magically appeared in the call log. Mine (my call logs) have always been error and ex-girlfriend free, and she's still in my address book!
Old 12-15-2008, 12:18 AM   #5
kevinwska
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8530
Carrier: Sprint

I'm not sure but if you save a txt message from someone will it cause the blackberry (thus having a name and number saved together in memory) to show the name in the call log if they talk?
Old 12-17-2008, 01:33 AM   #6
madmomma

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Well, I think what has happened is that I caught him in another lie about calling his ex girlfriend and he is trying to make up something to cover his butt, because he knows I don't have a Blackberry so I am not familiar with it. Thanks for the replies.
Closed Thread