Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 06:38 PM   #1
manager

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint
Default is curve a workhorse?

Please Login to Remove!

Hello, iam a new poster but not new to blackberries. On my job ive been thru three different models with me and my few employers ( 7000 series and 8703e and now a curve).
I just got thru with a couple of 8703e from sprint that i had for less than 6 months of use! I have 3 of them and 2 of them had hardware issues from the jump! Talked to sprint and finally they sent me 2 more thats been a updated model with the 4.2 on them! low and behold mine i got out of the 2 that came back had the same problem!
I called back sprint mad and after a hour on the phone and about to cancel my contracts with sprint the head manager came on there and said to me that they been having problems with the 8703e phone and said they would replace mine with a new curve no charge!If true or not i got one in the mail today from them so my contract stays with them for now!
Question is the curve a workhorse or does it have its problems also and i know the 8703e is suppose to be a workhorse and looks it but i cant afford hardware or software problems that sprint is aware of if thats the truth!
Thanks for any feedback on it and i like it besides that trackball!
Old 11-10-2008, 06:46 PM   #2
speedracerbubba

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint

I do not use my 8330 on sprint as much as a lot of blackberry users, but it has not given me any problems in the 5 months or so I have had it. My mail gets pushed about 5 seconds slower than my computer gets it and while the connection is slow, it is stable and works.
Previously i had numerous phones while i was with AT&T and the blackjack 2 was the best that I tried (didn't try a BB with AT&T) but the blackjack 2 was a windows mobile phone so it did have its fair share of problems (a reboot, which I had to do every few days, usually fixed everything).
Closed Thread