BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 11:22 AM   #1
thunderman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default BB Calendar not synching to Outlook?

Please Login to Remove!

I read through all the search results and am pretty sure this is a little different. If this ends up being the same issue as has been rehashed a number of times - let me apologize in advance!

Equipment - Pearl 8130 using DM v4.5
- IBM Thinkpad with Microsoft Office Outlook
Issue - noticed today that my device and computer aren't synching the BB to the outlook calendar but do the other way around.

When I synch it goes through the entire process: Addresses for BB; Addresses for Outlook; Calendar for Outlook; then when it gets to Calendar for BB it stops and states:

"total of 1 record(s) skipped during synch:
Address book device - 0
Microsoft Outlook - 1
Please check synch log for more
[ok]

When I go to the log it shows 0 inputs for any records from the BB to Outlook.

I checked in my advanced>default services and my Calendar (cical) and Messaging (cmime) match for the address.

Any input and help is greatly appreciated. This board continualy comes through whether it's from searches or input on a thread! Thanks a ton.

Matt
Louisville, KY

Last edited by thunderman; 09-23-2008 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: wording
Old 09-23-2008, 11:45 AM   #2
thunderman

Ok - I hate to ask such a newb question - but I've been reading a bunch of other posts to see if there are any jewels of info out there and ended up with another question that could pertain to this issue.

Should the OS version for the DM match the OS version for the device?

My DM is v4.5 while my device OS version is v4.3.0.60....

I don't even think I know how to update the device....

It would seem that I didn't have a single problem with my handheld until I upgraded to v4.5...
Old 09-23-2008, 12:44 PM   #3
thunderman

I think this is the only thread I've seen on BlackBerryForums where all of the replies are from the OP

After searching yet again I found a very long post that detailed a problem similar and in my Options>advanced>service book I deleted my emailaddress [Cical] and it is working now (I got a reciprical pop up reminder for each previously non synched calendar item for today).
Old 09-23-2008, 12:48 PM   #4
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

Have you tried deleting your entire calendar from the BB. Also may sure the sync is set to both ways, and not one way.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:27 PM   #5
thunderman

Thanks zero - it actually seems to be working now that I deleted my cical. I'll try that if it appears I have issues over the next couple of days.

Matt
Old 09-23-2008, 01:42 PM   #6
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

I don't know if you just upgraded, but most of the time when you perform an OS upgrade you have calendar prolems. All of my Calendar events are not showing in my calendar - BlackBerryFAQ
Old 09-24-2008, 02:54 PM   #7
jdy2kgt

it says to go to your BIS site and delete your email address. Whats my BIS site. I'm using a Pearl 8130 with Verizon.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:23 PM   #8
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
Old 10-06-2008, 09:44 AM   #9
thunderman

Ok - so the issue with my calendar not synching is back. There are no significant "events" that have happened with regards to my handheld or my laptop since I synched early last week. I went to my service books and there are no cical files this time (I deleted them all when I originally created this post and it fixed the problem). I also searched and found a few posts that Jsanders had posted in (among others) and have followed all suggestions posted such as going into my C:\Documents and Settings\mgibson\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry and deleting the intellisynch (no luck) as well as going the Mapi file route. All to no avail however I am learning a bunch in the process due to all the informative posts.

I'm going to go ahead and uninstall v4.5 and go back to the last working configuration which I believe was v4.2 (I'll confirm before I install).

The frustrating part is all of this worked flawlessly until our bogus in-house IT person tried to "fix" something with my laptop - it's been downhill from there. I'm getting a new laptop in the next couple of days so I may wait to do anything until I see what my new set-up is.

Any additional insight is appreciated - but I think I've read and tried everything (short of wiping the handheld) that's been suggested in most every other related post.
Closed Thread