Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 02:21 PM   #1
spenserj87
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Default Internet Browser Doesn't Work

Please Login to Remove!

This is a continuation of another post I made, but a new problem. Summary of problem:

- I recently changed to a BES account. That email has been working fine, all data was working fine too.

- BIS/Personal email was not working - took two calls, but AT&T got it working yesterday.

- Now, Interent Browser doesn't work - I can't get a data connection that allows me to use Internet Browser or Viigo - the MediaNet browser/access does work.

So this has the AT&T rep I'm talking to today stumped - enough to conference in a RIM rep at which point the call gets disconnected. I have a meeting to head to so it will have to wait.

Does anyone know what I need to tell AT&T or what I can look for on my phone? I've tried the usual - pulled battery, resent service books. The fact I can use MedianNet but not regular Internet Browser, Viigo, Opera Mini - and I have full personal and BES email capabilities - it has the AT&T guy stumped. Shouldn't be that hard as obviously something they did in getting my personal email to work yesterday broke something on the internet data side...

Doug
Old 05-16-2008, 09:47 PM   #2
spenserj87
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310

I was finally able to talk to an AT&T rep today - got a good one because he immediately saw the problem on the account, put me on hold to talk to billing, and then stayed on the phone while my phone rebooted to make sure all was well. Must be some Blue-Orange-Blue thing to have to go the billing route - he said something got added wrong - the end result was that my data "plan" went from $44.99 a month to $45.00 a month - yeah, pretty dumb.

Anyway, thanks to those who read this post - I was getting desperate after 5 calls to AT&T - lesson learned - when a rep starts acting like he knows less than me, it's time to hang up and try later. A good rep makes all the difference.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:53 PM   #3
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000

"What color is an orange"
or "Who is burried in Grant's tomb"

if they hesitate, hang up
Closed Thread