Old 02-18-2008, 09:59 AM   #1
Korexz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8220
PIN: 2576D674
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default 8120 on T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

I am hoping someone has more information that what I have gathered, but here is what I know

Suncomm was acquired by T-Mobile last week. Suncomm already has the 8120.

I spoke with T-Mobile sales last week and I was told the 8820 has been dated for release March 5th, but no mention of the 8120 in their system.

Does anyone think 3/5 will be the release of the 8120 as well?

Any guesses as to which OS? I have heard that 4.3.1 is being re-versioned as 4.5.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:24 AM   #2
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

I have heard different rumors that the release date (nothing solid) was pushed back to a date in April. I got it from the link below:

Upcoming T-mobile Phones - Whats going to hit T-mobile's lineup - CellPhoneSignal - Cell Phone Forum

Again, not 100% sure though...
Old 02-18-2008, 10:45 PM   #3
harveyjc_2001
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320

I wish they would hurry. I cannot wait for 8120 on T-Mobile.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:04 PM   #4
JLAWS
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: pearl
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tm

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyjc_2001 View Post
I wish they would hurry. I cannot wait for 8120 on T-Mobile.

I was waiting for the 8120 but now with the recent news that verizon is going unlimited I think I might switch over. My main reason for wanting the 8120 was the WiFi so I could make free calls from home or work. now if I get all that I might go the verizon route
Old 02-18-2008, 11:26 PM   #5
mizditz101
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iPhne
Carrier: AT&T

Lol, I went to my local tmo store to drill one of the guys I knew about this...
I had heard April..
And he told me, that unless it gets pushed back *again* to expect it closer to the next month or so =0

Hehe I love my tmobile guys =)
Old 02-18-2008, 11:27 PM   #6
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

The March 5th date sounds about right. It's beginning to show up in their systems. There is a rebate form available for it.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:37 PM   #7
mizditz101

YAY!!!
well.. not yay.
I got this phone on groundhogs day.. and now, I get to go get another one. =/

But, it really is a fair trade. My dad just got his curve :P and my space button squeaks...
Old 02-19-2008, 12:33 PM   #8
BBFreak
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: If you knew me you would have it!

Does this have anything to do with them activating the T3 (3G) in April. It seems everytime they push the 3G back they do the same with the 8820?

Looking to buy or sale used car audio?
www.caraudioclassifieds.org
Old 02-19-2008, 12:35 PM   #9
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

the 8120 and 8820 have nothing to do with their long awaited 3g network.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:42 AM   #10
Korexz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLAWS View Post
I was waiting for the 8120 but now with the recent news that verizon is going unlimited I think I might switch over. My main reason for wanting the 8120 was the WiFi so I could make free calls from home or work. now if I get all that I might go the verizon route
Verizon is the DEVIL. They are liars and charlatans. I don't know how they deal with Blackberry and their "walled garden", I would guess its not pretty, but here is my story.

I got a Samsung SCH-A950, which was supposed to play MP3s (first phone to really do that). That was the exclusive reason I bought the phone. However you had to have a MicroSD card to play the files, so after spending 2 months getting memory card (they were just being introduced) I found out that the playback feature was lacking at best, meanwhile VZW rolled out VCAST and wiped out the ability to play MP3s. So now I had a phone that would not play MP3s, I could have bought a phone $100 less, but I am a stupid consumer and thought the features I wanted would be available on the phone.

I had paid for the eBay application (because they blocked access to eBay via mobile web). I did not have a data plan because I had plenty of minutes, or so I thought.

The eBay application would decide to start up whenever. I did not have any alerts, I had even signed out of the application, but at 2 in the morning it would start up and consume minutes until some time 5 or 6 hours later.

The next month I got a bill for like $350 (my bill was normally $75). I called and they told me I had pay because they felt I was using the application for the off hours that I claimed I had not. Ok, fine give me an opportunity to test the app and PROVE that there is a bug. VZW agreed and 2 days later I had evidence that the application had a bug. VZW accepted the fact that the app was opening the connection on its own, but that wasn't their issue and their solution was to delete the application.

So at this point I was insulted and angry, hated my phone, and hated VZW.

And then the decided to change their TXT msg rates. YAY. So I dropped my txt package and as such was freed from my contract.

Keep in mind I did electronic billing and got no paper statements... so I also did not get the notification of the TXT msg rate change. I stumbled upon it on the internet.

So I called VZW to find out about porting my number. They said I was free from my contract and would not incur the early termination fee, but I had to terminate after 2/28. In reality that was the LAST DAY one could terminate, I knew this because it stated so on the bottom of the paper announcement that I never got, but photocopied from a friend of mine who was also on VZW.

So I questioned the date, asked to be escalated to a supervisor, was told the same. I asked him to read the fine print at the bottom of the announcement. He tried to muffle the word "before". I asked to speak to his manager... His manager explained that I had to port out BEFORE the date and did not apologize for the actions of his underlings.

So I ported out to T-Mobile that night.

2 months later I get a bill from VZW for the early termination fee. I had to spend 2 weeks getting it cleared up. They threatened to send the bill to collections if I refused to pay. I told them I was going to submit another BBB complaint (the first being for the phone that they took the features away on, and some smooth talker from their PR department tried to talk me down from that one).

After 4 weeks and 20 phone calls they finally dropped the fees. Never apologized for all the bullshit they put me through.

Their coverage is great, but their customer service SUCKS. I would avoid VZW like the plague. They treat their corporate accounts like kings and shit on the consumers.

If you are still going to goto VZW read the fine fine FINE print, and be prepared to be treated like shit every time you call customer service.

I have had every carrier except for Sprint, thus far T-Mobile, while not the best coverage, has been the best to me. So I am staying put.

Sorry for the diatribe. Just needed to vent that story again. I really wanna punch that "can you hear me now guy" ;)
Old 02-20-2008, 09:42 AM   #11
Korexz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
the 8120 and 8820 have nothing to do with their long awaited 3g network.
They are 3G capable though?
Old 02-20-2008, 11:12 AM   #12
PhillyGuy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMO

No current BB handsets are 3G.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:17 AM   #13
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyGuy View Post
No current BB handsets are 3G.
7130e, 8703, 8830, 8130, 8707g are all 3g (if you believe that EVDO is 3G, the 8707 is 3G outside of the US)
Old 02-20-2008, 02:05 PM   #14
PowerCell
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: che Cabron
Carrier: T-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korexz View Post
Verizon is the DEVIL. They are liars and charlatans...

I've been with T-Mo for the past year. Their CS is truely far and above all others. Their coverage does leave something to be desired - in fact I get crappy coverage in my home - but the CS is so good I choose to stay with them.

Back in October, I tried the Curve with @Home service, but was unable to get it to work. The CS I spoke with immediately issued an RA for the phone, and released me from my contract obligations without my even being asked! He said "just in case you need to switch carriers"... amazing. Needless to say, I stayed based solely on their honesty.

Last November I tried the Verizon test drive with a Pearl-II. Great coverage, but the phone kept locking up. Verizon's CS was really difficult to work with. I returned the phone after only a week... and you guessed it; I'm still fighting a termination fee...

Last edited by PowerCell; 02-20-2008 at 04:09 PM..
Old 02-20-2008, 02:21 PM   #15
PhillyGuy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
7130e, 8703, 8830, 8130, 8707g are all 3g (if you believe that EVDO is 3G, the 8707 is 3G outside of the US)
I stand corrected (sort of).
Old 02-20-2008, 04:43 PM   #16
mizditz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerCell View Post
I've been with T-Mo for the past year. Their CS is truely far and above all others. Their coverage does leave something to be desired - in fact I get crappy coverage in my home - but the CS is so good I choose to stay with them.

Back in October, I tried the Curve with @Home service, but was unable to get it to work. The CS I spoke with immediately issued an RA for the phone, and released me from my contract obligations without my even being asked! He said "just in case you need to switch carriers"... amazing. Needless to say, I stayed based solely on their honesty.

Last November I tried the Verizon test drive with a Pearl-II. Great coverage, but the phone kept locking up. Verizon's CS was really difficult to work with. I returned the phone after only a week... and you guessed it; I'm still fighting a termination fee...
Hehe.. I will definitely agree with the CS with tmobile.
I had to call today because their site was down(ish) and wouldn't send me my service books. Didn't even need to give them the right social for the account (It's under my dads name and I'm not an authorized contact) Something verizon would have never done for me, they aren't quite as nice.
I'm also fighting a termination of my contract with verizon... we've given up though and just dropped down the voice plan, till contract ends in may =P

I'm surprised that after only a week they're giving you grief about cancelling! Aren't they the ones that let you "test drive"?! lol
Old 02-27-2008, 09:41 AM   #17
Korexz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizditz101 View Post
I'm surprised that after only a week they're giving you grief about cancelling! Aren't they the ones that let you "test drive"?! lol
Not shocked at all. Again... for those that missed it, VZW IS THE DEVIL!

In a recent survey of corporations using mobile workforce applications/hardware, all but 2 of the 19 companies chose GSM providers over CDMA.

Keep in mind 11 of the 19 companies had international operations.

I am consulting a large utility company on a mobile workforce project, unfortunately VZW was chosen as the vendor for the cellular connections.

AT&T was only ruled out because the 3G backbone was not in place, and the application that is being used has significant bandwidth needs.

Just food for thought.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:03 PM   #18
clouciusteb

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A

T-mobile and AT&T both have unlimited plans too, except for out of those three carriers t-mobile is the only one that has something else included in their unlimited plan, which is unlimited texting...At verizon you would have to pay $150 for the unlimited minutes, data, and texting, while at t-mobile you will only have to pay $120 for unlimited minutes, data, and texting....which is a difference once tax is included...

That is weird all the problems you guys are going through verizon cause i just left verizon last month and when we got the bill they was trying to charge my dad early termination fee for my line (he's staying w/ them...he's been with them for like 10-12 years) and he called them and explained to them what was going on and they dropped the charge(in just like 30 mins after he placed the call)...maybe because he's been with them for a while, but anyways the contract ended like 2 days after i signed up with t-mobile...

I agree that t-mo customer service is excellent, while verizon is worse than t-mo's, but I would say they have the second best cs compared to other carriers...
Closed Thread