Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 09:46 PM   #1
PeaceOut
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

1. tone sound when dialing number even in vibrate/silent mode.

2. When BB is locked and you get a call, your phone gets unlocked afterwards.

3. The strange sound when doing speed dial that can't be turned off.

4. After a call, it takes a while for the call screen to go away and so if you try to lock or exit, if gives you the confirmation screen asking if you want to stray away during a call

Anyone else have anything else to add?

Last edited by PeaceOut; 02-17-2008 at 09:47 PM..
Old 02-28-2008, 03:54 PM   #2
PeaceOut

looks like i'm the only one with these problems...haha
Old 02-28-2008, 04:00 PM   #3
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

I think its more that many people have learned to live with what you have mentioned because there is really nothing you can do about them and they have been discussed in many threads.

Last edited by TroyDBrown; 02-28-2008 at 04:00 PM.. Reason: SpElLing
Old 02-28-2008, 04:14 PM   #4
ABarrera
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceOut View Post
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

1. tone sound when dialing number even in vibrate/silent mode.

2. When BB is locked and you get a call, your phone gets unlocked afterwards.

3. The strange sound when doing speed dial that can't be turned off.

4. After a call, it takes a while for the call screen to go away and so if you try to lock or exit, if gives you the confirmation screen asking if you want to stray away during a call

Anyone else have anything else to add?
I have a pearl and when its quiet or vibrate the number keys dont make noise...is this something curve specific?
Old 02-28-2008, 04:22 PM   #5
noethix
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: 244279FB
Carrier: TMobile

I thought I was the only one that couldn't turn off the dial tones. rawr
Old 02-28-2008, 08:27 PM   #6
JDMils

Carrier: Optus Australia
Unhappy

I agree totally with you PeaceOut. I solved (???) the audible keytones while the phone was in silent mode by actually turning them off from the Tools menu- Dang!

No WiFi
No Voice Recorder!
The manual says to press the Speakerphone key to turn on the external speaker while in the call- there is NO speakerphone key, only a menu item called "Activate Speakerphone".
You can't turn the flash off while taking a picture- you have to dig thru the menus. And there's no red-eye....cumon!
You can not have both vibrate and ringtone at the same time. You only get vibrate first then ringtone if still not answered.
No video recording???

My old O2 used to do everything above plus more plus there was more software available for it. I'm getting pissed that my missus bought the BB now....

Last edited by JDMils; 02-28-2008 at 08:38 PM..
Old 02-28-2008, 08:30 PM   #7
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: ATT

There is a speakerphone key - it's the one with the speaker icon and $. One touch during a call enables the speakerphone.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:39 PM   #8
JDMils

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRider View Post
There is a speakerphone key - it's the one with the speaker icon and $. One touch during a call enables the speakerphone.
Well what do you know?! I could not find that key anywhere in the manual!
Old 02-28-2008, 09:13 PM   #9
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

How about in the online help on the BB itself.

Are you surprised the 8310 doesn't have WiFi? It's not advertised that way.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:15 PM   #10
dirtypirate
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: 0.7 Red Ink
Carrier: Slave by Contract to AT&T

The manual is useless. You gotta read the forum and learn on your own. The video and audio recording will be available in the OS upgrade along with some other nice tools. Curve should have had them by default though!! Stiil beats the iphone hands down!
Old 02-28-2008, 09:21 PM   #11
JDMils

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
How about in the online help on the BB itself.

Are you surprised the 8310 doesn't have WiFi? It's not advertised that way.
"Online Help"?! BLAH! That's OK, but unless I missed something, it doesn't show the which key the speakerphone is....just tells you it's there...somewhere!

Yeah, I know what yer saying about the WiFi, but dang all my older PDAs had it and I actually used it when I needed to do some quick web access as the phone was always by my side. <G>.

Thanks u too DP....will I still be alive when the update comes out? I need it now. I manage my own Navman forum and try to keep the POIs updated but without a voice rec while driving I can't do anything!

Last edited by JDMils; 02-28-2008 at 09:23 PM..
Old 02-28-2008, 10:27 PM   #12
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMils View Post
"Online Help"?! BLAH! That's OK, but unless I missed something, it doesn't show the which key the speakerphone is....just tells you it's there...somewhere!

Yeah, I know what yer saying about the WiFi, but dang all my older PDAs had it and I actually used it when I needed to do some quick web access as the phone was always by my side. <G>.

Thanks u too DP....will I still be alive when the update comes out? I need it now. I manage my own Navman forum and try to keep the POIs updated but without a voice rec while driving I can't do anything!
Page 15 of Getting Started guide documents the location of the speaker phone key.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:37 AM   #13
jim_digriz

Model: 8300
PIN: 206217C8
Carrier: O2
Default Flash.

JDMils;
To turn on/off flash, press the spacebar.
The speakerphone button is in the same colour as the numbers-easier to see on the 8700 (keyboard has reverse colouring)-so it does stand out.
Most of the "problems" have their solutions in the built-in help program. It's well worth a read, and we all carry this program with us. (mostly 24/7!)
Old 02-29-2008, 08:32 AM   #14
pegb856
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8330
PIN: Head
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMils View Post

If you wanted wifi you should have bought the 8320 and not the 8310, GPS is an option that most older PDAs did not have that you do have with the 8310. IMO it's all about what's important to you, I personally see no point to wifi when I have unlimited data anyway.

Happy Berrying!
Old 02-29-2008, 10:00 AM   #15
ajmarton

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

WiFi is really slow for me anyway. There is no reason that I see using it as your primary connection.

The mute button does not seem to do anything for me. I would expect the speaker icon to show the status (mute vs unmute) but that is not the case. I have not had a real world experience in using it. Is that MUTE button what you press if your phone is on, then rings and you want to quiet it ASAP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegb856 View Post
If you wanted wifi you should have bought the 8320 and not the 8310, GPS is an option that most older PDAs did not have that you do have with the 8310. IMO it's all about what's important to you, I personally see no point to wifi when I have unlimited data anyway.

Happy Berrying!
Old 03-18-2008, 11:38 AM   #16
PeaceOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmarton View Post
WiFi is really slow for me anyway. There is no reason that I see using it as your primary connection.

The mute button does not seem to do anything for me. I would expect the speaker icon to show the status (mute vs unmute) but that is not the case. I have not had a real world experience in using it. Is that MUTE button what you press if your phone is on, then rings and you want to quiet it ASAP?

I just use one of the volume bars on the side to mute the ringtone.
I would really like it to vibrate and sound at the same time too.
It's strange but there are a lot of options/shortcuts that you'll only find on the forum from other users. It's like an easter egg...they don't want you to know...you have to go find it.

Here's a couple more...
-alarm. Why isn't there at least two. I have to constantly change my weekday setting on the weekends then back on Sunday. The phone has become the official alarm clock.
-task can't be sorted by status and priority.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:02 AM   #17
ej25
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

no video recording like my vzw Pearl :(
Closed Thread