Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 12:56 AM   #1
phlyersphan
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint
Question Nextel Mapquest FindMe?

Please Login to Remove!

Anybody tried the Nextel/Mapquest FindMe application? http://findme.mapquest.com/

I ordered it last Friday from Nextel, and they said it should be available on my phone in 24-48 hours. I know we had the 4th of July holiday in there here in the US, but I still don't see any icon for the application, and I don't see it anywhere under Nextel Online (NOL).

Has anyone tried FindMe? Did it download to your Blackberry over-the-air? Is it its own icon on the desktop? I've contacted support, and they're supposed to get back to me... still waiting...

If you do have FindMe - do you like it? It looks to me like it would be more useful than TeleNav. I don't have problems with following maps...

Shelly
Old 07-06-2005, 06:40 AM   #2
tzarcone
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlyersphan
Anybody tried the Nextel/Mapquest FindMe application? http://findme.mapquest.com/

I ordered it last Friday from Nextel, and they said it should be available on my phone in 24-48 hours. I know we had the 4th of July holiday in there here in the US, but I still don't see any icon for the application, and I don't see it anywhere under Nextel Online (NOL).

Has anyone tried FindMe? Did it download to your Blackberry over-the-air? Is it its own icon on the desktop? I've contacted support, and they're supposed to get back to me... still waiting...

If you do have FindMe - do you like it? It looks to me like it would be more useful than TeleNav. I don't have problems with following maps...

Shelly
From what I heard it is not like TeleNav. TeleNav will not only find your location but will also direct you to your destination prompting turn by turn. Findme will find you and give you directions but will not tell you when to turn just show you like it does in mapquest text directions. Granted if you go off track you can find yourself again and tell it to give new directions from where your presently are.

Ted
Old 07-06-2005, 12:04 PM   #3
phlyersphan
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint

That's how it seems from the online demo. I may find eventually that I want both, but what I'm going for right now is the ability for the program to find me and tell me what is nearby (restaurants, stores, etc) and get directions. I use Google Maps on my computer to do those kinds of searches and I love it. (You can put in, for example, "pizza near [this address]" and it finds all the pizza places. So - I'm thinking Mapquest FindMe will do something similar.
Closed Thread