BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 06:19 PM   #1
usctrojan98

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t
Thumbs down Blackberry to manage podcasts?

Please Login to Remove!

I saw some posts on the forums about podcasts and how they can be managed on the blackberry, but none had any significant responses, so I am creating a new thread. My apologies if it is not appropriate.

I am looking for software which will allow me to subscribe to podcasts (does not have to be OTA - this could be on the desktop, windows xp), and synchronize to my SD card on my 8300 curve. Most importantly, I would like to mark an episode as "played" when I listen to it on the device and then sync it to the desktop, which consequently would make that episode show as played on the desktop and not re-download.

The sync capability is a good-to-have but not necessary because there are other pieces of software which sync two folders, but the most critical part is to not re-download something I have already listened to, and possibly deleted from the hard drive.

I have a workaround which works almost as close to this scenario as possible. I am using the Zune player software to subscribe to and manage podcasts on my desktop. I am using Windows Sync Toy 2.0 to synchronize my media card podcast folder with the Zune podcast folder on my hard drive.

Where it breaks is when I listen to an episode and delete it on the device, and sync it to the desktop, it gets deleted from the drive, but Zune re-downloads it and as a result the next time the same episode ends up on my device.

Any help/pointers would be appreciated.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:43 AM   #2
perpetualjon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

I'm in a similar boat. I have used a laptop in my car for almost 2 years now. The thing is that I'm not always in my car and would like to be able to keep track of the podcasts I listen to (about 9 hours per week). It's fairly simple on a laptop since I can just run Winamp and never shut down the machine. I always would just go into hibernation so that when I started back up, it would be just where I left off. On my Curve, it's hard to do that. If I use the media player for ANYTHING else, I lose my place. Finding that place again is real hard when scrolling forward on a 120min mp3 podcast only goes at 10min intervals If there is 3rd party software out there that can be used for podcast management independent from the default media player, I would be more than happy to pay for it! Any news in this area? I can't believe no one else is having this problem!
Closed Thread