Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 07:51 PM   #1
n0hot

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Alltel
Unhappy Address Book Wireless Sync Option Missing

Please Login to Remove!

I've had my 8830 for a week now and have spent most of the week searching forums, KB articles and scouring the internet for an answer to why I do not see the wireless sync option in my address book, tasks or memopad.

I do have the wireless sync option in calendar and my messaging works fantastically great!!

I'm syncing to a Win 2003/Exchange 2003 server with BES 4.1.

I have....
- deleted service books & undeleted
- deleted the service book database & resent
- activated with PIM sync policy False
- activated with PIM sync policy True
- sent & resent service books from BES
- edited the Global IT policy to force address book sync
- sent & resent the IT policy
- reloaded the user in BES
- deleted and added the user in BES
- followed the decision tree in the BB KB for this problem (didn't help)
- tried to set wireless sync in the desktop software (not there either)
- called Alltel support (no help. didn't expect much either)

I'm about ready to give up and suggest an alternate device for our organization even though I hate the idea of using a Win Mobile 5 device. I've found many instances of this problem in these forums with no clear solution. Any help would be appreciated. Any reassurance that if/when this ever works, it will stay working, would be nice also.

Thanks.... scott

Last edited by n0hot; 11-16-2007 at 09:11 PM..
Old 11-19-2007, 11:37 AM   #2
jsimotas

Model: 8700
Carrier: tmobile

I have had this problem with a few users and I have no scientific way that i've fixed it. I'm suspicious that there is a bad contact/calendar item mucking up the works.
If you are wireless activating does it say 'activation complete'?

Try this if you are willing:
1. Turn off wireless sync for user on the BES.
2. Empty out your Outlook by moving the contacts and calendar items to a .pst.
3. Activate the blackberry.
4. Turn wireless sync back on.
I think this should re-populate the contacts and calendar based on the blackberry's data.
5. This data may have some Outlook specific fields missing but should be 'clean'.

To check stuff
a. Compare counts of items using Contacts... Options
b. Try adding items on both sides to see if they sync

Once you are good, you could go through the work of deleting all contacts and getting them back from the .pst. Theoretically the count will be off because of the 'bad' item(s).
This confirms the theory and you'll have to get rid of the bad ones. How to figure out which ones are bad?
Old 11-20-2007, 08:53 AM   #3
DarkWater
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
PIN: FFFFFFFF
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

There could be any number of reasons why it isn't working, many of which can only be diagnosed by someone at BlackBerry support likely through examining server logs. If the above doesn't help you, I would suggest calling Alltel again, but have them transfer you to BlackBerry Server support. They should have their number.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:19 PM   #4
CoJim

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Scott, I have the same symptoms as you. No wireless sync option in Contacts, Tasks, or Notes. Did you, or anyone, ever find a solution to this problem?

Thanks, Jim
Old 08-14-2008, 03:02 AM   #5
nunor

Model: 8320
Carrier: VOXmobile

We have exactly the same problem using BES 4.1 (SP6) and Exchange 2003.

On all the mobiles (8830, 8330,...) the wireless synchronization is "not available".

Changing the policy, restarting server, delete and recreate the users didn't solve the issue.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:02 AM   #6
liquidcapital

Model: 8700
Carrier: Vodaphone

I have the exact same here, and its been driving me mad. I dont think its a corrupt entry or anything, cos i have the same issue on a fresh AD user with no contacts, mempad or tasks.. Anyone with a solution?
Old 10-15-2008, 01:21 PM   #7
gibson_hg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: NA
PIN: 80081ES
Carrier: NA

If Contacts/Memos/Tasks do not have the wireless sync option then it's typically the Desktop[SYNC] service book.

If deleting/resending it does not work and reactivating does not and the IT Policy is not blocking it then male sure that it has not been disabled at the user level on the BES.

When you remove your account are you deleting the BB info in your mailbox? You can make sure of this by running DBClean against your mailbox after you have been removed.

Just do a search for it on here, it's been posted many times before. If that doesn't fix it, contact RIM. Something seriously messed up is going on.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:45 AM   #8
mattlane
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: 02

We get this also quite a lot with our users. The wireless sync option for contacts is not there. If we delete the desktop sync service book and resend the service books. The service book gets delivered but the wireless sync option does not come back. We have to re-enterprize activate the device. Its becoming quite annoying.
Closed Thread