Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 09:26 AM   #1
Xyzek

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Weird inbox issue with Curve

Please Login to Remove!

We have a number of Curve units where I work and one user has a strange issue. He has a filter set up in Outlook that will filter emails from a particular person to always get delivered into a subfolder in his inbox folder. However, whenever emails are received in that folder they do not update on his Blackberry.

I have tried deleting Desktop Synch and re-sending the service book (we're running BES), and I have also tried changing the 'Hide Filed Messages' setting, but that hasn't fixed it. To rule out a simple configuration issue, I should mention that the typical reconciliation settings are configured correctly and that his BB will show new emails when they are received in the Inbox.

If I try opening the folder on the Blackberry it displays the folder as empty, yet in his Outlook folder it has several months worth of emails listed. This seems to be limited to that one particular folder though, as the other sub-folders within the Inbox folder display emails when I open them on the Blackberry.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this, other than removing the filter? It has me stumped at the moment, but I'm not really a BB expert.

Last edited by Xyzek; 11-06-2007 at 09:28 AM..
Old 11-06-2007, 10:13 AM   #2
brinaht
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: bobby pin

Did you redirect the folder on the blackberry to get email delivery? On the blackberry go to messages folder/options/email settings/click the trackwheel/trackball again to get the menu and choose folder redirection. You will need to expand all of the folders and select that subfolder. The end user should get emails to the blackberry now from that subfolder.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:22 AM   #3
dietcoke
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: dCoke
Carrier: o2

reply you can go to folder redirection under mail box options, and then email options and then click the menu to pick folder redirection.

I had a new guy struggle for 12 hours without telling me, after he described it, it was "fixed" in 3 seconds and he threw the blackberry on the floor.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:26 PM   #4
Xyzek

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A

This fixed my problem. Thanks a lot, sometimes the simpler problems are hardest to work out (except when you come to a forum and ask it seems )
Closed Thread