Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 03:16 AM   #1
Erniknyc

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Sync and Roxio Media problem

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, I've had my 8320 Curve for 2 weeks, i'm indyvidual customer. I have some problems with software:
1. Is it possible to sycn mails and text messages with Ms Outlook or Outlook Express or not? I've heard it is not, but people do it somehow. How can i do it, with what software? Why in my manager>synchronize>configuration "reconcile" is disabled? How can i do it, with what software? I usually get and send tons of messages and collect them in phone. From time to time i would like to make cleening and some of them delete and some of them save, sort. It would be much comfortable using any desktop software.
2. is it possible to see in my message list in phone scroll status (is it called scroll bar??) on the right side of screen, the same one that is in every desktop windows and in internet browser. It would be usefull if there are many massages.
3. I had been using Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 (media, burning software) for about half a year. Now, while installing Desktop Manager and Roxio Media for Blackberry my instalation of Easy Media Creator 9 was distroyed. I was asked during instalation if i want to uninstall Easy Media Creator 9 but i always checked "no". I need to reinstall everything. What should i do not to happen it again. Is any other Media software that can be used to manage media in my Curve. Roxio is btw very slow.
4. Is any other alternetive desktop manager for curve???
Old 10-20-2007, 11:57 AM   #2
CHR15

Model: 8310
Carrier: Rogers

I think you'll have to remove both the BB Manager s/w inc. media manager, then reinstall your original roxio suite. Then when reinstalling the desktop manager software click custom install and deselect the media manager option. This should leave the original roxio in place.

Not sure what support you'll have in the original Roxio s/w to sync' with the bb, but the media manager is really bad anyway. Very slow, doesn't auto sync and offers nothing more than WMP. you could even use windows explorer!

Roxio can't even cope with resizing ther app' to fit on my PC screen (1024x600) -which is quite small,..... but come on guys!!
Old 10-20-2007, 12:21 PM   #3
Erniknyc

I tried to use WMP and Windows Explorer without any results. It was impossible to get access to my phone. Do i need to use memory card to make it possible? All my media filess will be then lokated on memory card?
Old 10-20-2007, 12:25 PM   #4
CHR15

Model: 8310
Carrier: Rogers

yes they need to be on the media card to work with WMP. you need to have mass storage support turned on in the media card options in main menu settings.

the files will be on the media card not the device memory, but the device memory is really small and fills up in no time anyway.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:53 AM   #5
Erniknyc

it seems with my new microsd card wmp works much better, thanks
Closed Thread