Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 08:07 AM   #1
peter_b
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Default Message read status and deletes not syncing

Please Login to Remove!

I find myself somewhat stumped at the moment. I've been on (and managed) a BES for over 3 years, but am now with a new company and am forced to rely on BB Desktop Manager for e-mail reconciliation for the first time.

I'm on an ATT Curve and using Desktop Manager 4.3 on Windows XP, connected to MS Exchange. My e-mail client on the PC is Outlook 2007.

I can send and receive messages on the BB with no issue. Messages sent from the BB show up in my Sent Items in Outlook in a reasonably quick time frame. Conversely, messages sent or received within Outlook show up on my BB.

That said, if I delete or read a message on either the Blackberry or Outlook, the other one never reconciles the updated status of the message. (I've ensured that Delete on Handheld and Desktop is turned on for the BB and I'm not emptying the Recycle Bin in Outlook)

I've also tried syncing e-mail via USB to see if that would fix things. All my contacts, notes, and Calendar items synced fine, but it made no difference on the messages statuses.

I am sure this must have been covered, but I haven't had any luck in finding anything when searching the forums.

I am hopeful that I'll be able to get BES Professional (i.e. the free single user version) installed here soon, but as I have no admin rights to the Exchange Server here, it might take a while.

I'd appreciate any suggestions as I literally receive > 700 e-mails a day here and I really don't want to "touch" all of them twice.

If this has been covered elsewhere and I just couldn't find it, please feel free to make fun of my lousy searching skills.

-Peter
Old 06-16-2008, 12:38 PM   #2
peter_b
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

no longer an issue as I was finally able to get the BES software setup. I'd still be curious if anyone ever has any input.
Closed Thread