Old 05-24-2008, 01:05 PM   #1
Falling2infinity319

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile
Default Complete Newbie with a few questions

Please Login to Remove!

Greetings all,

I just received my Curve yesterday. I'm still getting acclimated to all of the features but I have a few questions that I searched for and couldn't really find answers to.

1) I've gone through the options and put my emails and texts as "seperate" yet I still continue to get emails in my messages box. Is this how it is, or can I change it so that SMS messages come in throught the MESSAGES folder and MMS messages come in through the two accounts I've added to my phone, both my work and my personal.

I really don't like having them all come in through the "messages" folder.

2) I use AIM on my phone. I've only been able to get 30 buddies on my list to show up. Is there anything I can do to show my full buddy list, or is this it on a BB?

3) This is a very stupid question, but I have a ton of music on my computer. Is there anyway I can put an MP3 onto my phone and make it a ring tone, or is that completely looked down upon.

4) I posted in the youtube thread as well, but I am unable to view youtube vids, even with the Emulation set to BB. Does the BB 8320 not support videos?

Thanks ,
Nik
Old 05-24-2008, 01:31 PM   #2
chocodove
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted

Not sure about the other questions, but the 8320 will not support YouTube until the 4.5 OS is released. When it is, you can upgrade for free.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:47 PM   #3
ricpac
BBFAQ Sysop

Model: 9700
PIN: Alt+Shift+H
Carrier: GLOBE

1. Since you separated your SMS and Email Inboxes then you should now have the main Messages folder (where all new emails go) and SMS and MMS (where they all go). Sometimes, the separation doesn't work on some themes.

2. As for AIM, let's wait for the other folks and what they have to say. I have only used JiveTalk since Day One.

3. You sure can put MP3 and use it as a ringtone > How do I get ringtones on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ and/or you could just Bluetooth some and go into Profiles so you can set which MP3 you'd like to use as a ringtone.

4. I think it's been answered.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:49 PM   #4
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

1. All email goes into the messages folder and to a separate folder for each account. This is how the BB works. If you delete it from one folder, it is gone from all.

I suggest using an SD card fro your music, ringtones and pictures. those take up precious memory on the BB. These devices are notorious for memory leaks when memory is low and email and call logs get deleted to free additional memory.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 05-25-2008, 12:02 AM   #5
Falling2infinity319

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile

Thanks guys. I'm slowly but surely getting used to the new toy.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:53 AM   #6
prodigee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Fido (City, Unlimited)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
I suggest using an SD card fro your music, ringtones and pictures. those take up precious memory on the BB. These devices are notorious for memory leaks when memory is low and email and call logs get deleted to free additional memory.
sorry to thread-jack but is this true?

what if i were to only download a small handful of ringtones to my device, a small handful of wallpapers (cropped to size) to my device & all my mp3's for music go onto the microSD (2 GB)...
Old 05-25-2008, 07:28 AM   #7
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigee View Post
sorry to thread-jack but is this true?

what if i were to only download a small handful of ringtones to my device, a small handful of wallpapers (cropped to size) to my device & all my mp3's for music go onto the microSD (2 GB)...
Define "small handfull". No matter how small, they all take internal memory, which you have a limited amount. Less memory, easier to get a memory leak.

Get a larger SD card and put it all there.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!

Last edited by Dubdub; 05-25-2008 at 07:29 AM..
Closed Thread