Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 10:49 PM   #1
nexteltom

Model: 8330
PIN: 31A16786
Carrier: verizon
Question New 8330 not getting all emails from server

Please Login to Remove!

We just upgraded to the new Verizon 8330 this week. When I set them up on Blackberry Manager 4.1 they activated fine and we now are getting emails. My challenge is the old emails from the folders on the exchange server are not syncing to the 8830. Example: an email I had saved in January shows up in a folder in exchange on my desktop labeled major donor. When I go to view folder on my 8330 and find that folder it is empty! This is very frustrating for all staff and they are chewing me up one side and down the other. Any suggestions!
Old 05-16-2008, 05:40 AM   #2
Jadey
BBF War Game Mod

Model: Z10
PIN: SEEKRIT innit
Carrier: AT&T

This is standard BES behaviour.

On your BES server, there is a section for "message pre-population" which lets you select a default level (usually something like "7 days history" or "750 messages" - can't recall exact values but you get the idea).

When a new BB device is activated on the BES, the server uses this "pre-population" value to send some history to the device. The BES will NOT attempt to send the entire contents of a mailfile over-the-air to a BB.

The general rule of thumb is that WHENEVER you take a device from a user who has had it for months, and give them a different BB, there WILL be less data on it than the old device. This is because pre-population during EA will never send months of historical data.

See: http://www.blackberryforums.com/bes-...lackberry.html

Other things to be aware of (as mentioned in linked thread):

* 4.1.5 BES with certain handheld OSs will give users the ability to search for messages
* Ensure that the folders you want mail to show up in have been selected for redirection
* Play about with the "swap handheld" app on newer versions of BB Desktop Manager to retain more history when swapping devices than a pure EA