Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 03:44 PM   #1
aohara2001
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Curve
Carrier: att
Default Email messages coming in as "opened"

Please Login to Remove!

Some new mail come in marked "new" and alert me, but much of it comes in opened. Or at least I open the message folder to find opened mail that I did not read yet. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing?
Old 04-27-2008, 03:46 PM   #2
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

Are you reading it on the PC first? Is it open or un-opened? Meaning, is it still an un-opened envelop and you are just not getting the alert?

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 04-27-2008, 03:47 PM   #3
Cobra302

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A

i've had the same problem for a while now. i have not found a reason or fix yet. i can be looking at the main menu when mail comes in, the envelope will flash new, then open without me doing anything.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:50 PM   #4
aohara2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u View Post
Are you reading it on the PC first? Is it open or un-opened? Meaning, is it still an un-opened envelop and you are just not getting the alert?

My email is open on my desktop, so it may be downloading there first or simultaneously.

Is there a way to keep emails in the blackberry "new" or unopened until I physically do it on the blackberry? I'm just afraid if I'm out on the road and keep my pc email on, I'll miss emails because I won't be 1)notified of the new mail or 2)won't notice I have a new item because it's already marked open
Old 04-27-2008, 06:09 PM   #5
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohara2001 View Post
My email is open on my desktop, so it may be downloading there first or simultaneously.

Is there a way to keep emails in the blackberry "new" or unopened until I physically do it on the blackberry? I'm just afraid if I'm out on the road and keep my pc email on, I'll miss emails because I won't be 1)notified of the new mail or 2)won't notice I have a new item because it's already marked open
Turn off your auto send/receive on the PC. That will stop it from poping your mail client and showing those e-mails as read. I stated that as fact- I should say to try that and report back.

Questions also-
Are you on BIS?
How do you receive your PC e-mail?
Who is your e-mail host?

Details help.

Report back,
JP
Old 04-28-2008, 01:12 PM   #6
aohara2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfromphilly View Post
Turn off your auto send/receive on the PC. That will stop it from poping your mail client and showing those e-mails as read. I stated that as fact- I should say to try that and report back.

Questions also-
Are you on BIS?
How do you receive your PC e-mail?
Who is your e-mail host?

Details help.

Report back,
JP

OK I'm having different issues now. Some background first. I have 4 emails: 2 yahoo, 1 comcast and 1 for my website (1and1 internet provider).

I have all 4 forwarding to my BIS address. The first three work great. Looks like just one of the yahoos comes up open sometimes. I don't really care. Now the others are coming in duplicate. One from the BIS and one from the actual address 15 mins later I presume. I could remove the others from my blackberry and just have the BIS address send/receive, right?

My website address isn't forwarding to my BIS address anymore - not sure what happened, but I think it's on their end, not mine so I'm looking into it with them. Hope it's resolved ASAP since it's my primary work email.

So that's problem 1.

Problem 2 is something I can't figure out. I wrote a new email from my blackberry (not a reply). The person I wrote to replied and it got sent to my blackberry address, so I did not get it on my PC. But, I have the BIS address (and all of the other addresses) set up to reply to my primary address (my 1and1 website address). So, how the heck do I correct that?
Old 04-28-2008, 01:42 PM   #7
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
OK I'm having different issues now. Some background first. I have 4 emails: 2 yahoo, 1 comcast and 1 for my website (1and1 internet provider).

I have all 4 forwarding to my BIS address. The first three work great. Looks like just one of the yahoos comes up open sometimes. I don't really care. Now the others are coming in duplicate. One from the BIS and one from the actual address 15 mins later I presume. I could remove the others from my blackberry and just have the BIS address send/receive, right?

My website address isn't forwarding to my BIS address anymore - not sure what happened, but I think it's on their end, not mine so I'm looking into it with them. Hope it's resolved ASAP since it's my primary work email.

So that's problem 1.

Problem 2 is something I can't figure out. I wrote a new email from my blackberry (not a reply). The person I wrote to replied and it got sent to my blackberry address, so I did not get it on my PC. But, I have the BIS address (and all of the other addresses) set up to reply to my primary address (my 1and1 website address). So, how the heck do I correct that?

Here is my suggestion:
Do not forward anything to your BB account. Do not give it out and do not use it as a reply to address. Once that starts getting spam you are going to have a hard time filtering it compared to Yahoo Google etc. Just do not use that account at all.

Pick one of your Yahoo accounts and forward all of your addresses to that account-unless you want to keep them seperate- I don't- all 4 of mine go to one Yahoo account- but you might want seperate folders on your BB. You can set up each account if you want them seperate.

Set up that Yahoo account with your BB. All of your e-mail will come to the BB and also be kept on Yahoo- you can also POP yahoo from the PC. I do this and get all e-mail within a minute of when it hits Yahoo.

These are only my suggestions based on a working system that I use all day every day with multiple e-mail accounts. My domain is hosted by Yahoo but that should not matter.

Let me know your feedback.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:24 PM   #8
aohara2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfromphilly View Post
Here is my suggestion:
Do not forward anything to your BB account. Do not give it out and do not use it as a reply to address. Once that starts getting spam you are going to have a hard time filtering it compared to Yahoo Google etc. Just do not use that account at all.

Pick one of your Yahoo accounts and forward all of your addresses to that account-unless you want to keep them seperate- I don't- all 4 of mine go to one Yahoo account- but you might want seperate folders on your BB. You can set up each account if you want them seperate.

Set up that Yahoo account with your BB. All of your e-mail will come to the BB and also be kept on Yahoo- you can also POP yahoo from the PC. I do this and get all e-mail within a minute of when it hits Yahoo.

These are only my suggestions based on a working system that I use all day every day with multiple e-mail accounts. My domain is hosted by Yahoo but that should not matter.

Let me know your feedback.

How do you not get duplicate emails from the one yahoo address on your PC?
Old 04-29-2008, 08:11 AM   #9
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
How do you not get duplicate emails from the one yahoo address on your PC?
I only have one Yahoo account set up with the BB. I also only POP one account with Outlook on my PC. All of my other addresses forward into that account as a single landing spot to be POP'd by Outlook and Pushed to BB.

No duplicates are created.

Like I said, I can help you with the details if you have problems. I use this set up and have what I consider a seamless system.

Let me know how I can help.
Closed Thread