coolkarim
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
PIN: 250ff349
Carrier: vodafone
Default Sync all blackberry Data to online services - no need for PC

Please Login to Remove!

Hi

I dont know if this is useful to people but I found I can avoid ever doing any synchronization with my laptop by syncing with an equiviant service online

Blackberry Calendar - Sync with google calendar using the google calendar Blackberry program (Point your BlackBerry browser to: Google Sync)

Blackberry Tasks - Use Rexwirless ToDo matrix, which syncs with their online rexdesktop (REXwireless: BlackBerry Software Applications)

Blackberry Notes (note pad) - Use Rexwirless Ideamatrix, which syncs with their online rexdesktop (REXwireless: BlackBerry Software Applications)

Blackberry Address book - Use Yahoo Go ver 2.0 ** this syncs to the yahoo address book. This YahooGo! has lots of other features which I ignore. especially calendar sync.

**not the latest one, ie use Yahoo!Go2.0(Beta)Build2.0.69-02) still available to find through BB web browser (somehwere!) cant remember where I go it

NOTES

so you can edit/create the entries on the either the web browser (very convenient) or on BB and sync will AUTOMATICALLY usdng tiny data usage and regular intervals.

I think this is pretty cool. I tested it all thoroughly and get no erros. I rarely link to my laptop now and sync with outlook. dont need to, except ocassionally to do a FULL BB backup

is this usefull for anyone?

Cheers
K

In the desert Water=Time, Fuel=Distance

www.desertbiking.co.uk
Old 04-02-2008, 08:56 AM   #2
noethix
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: 244279FB
Carrier: TMobile

I try to stick with my Google, I whore it around so much. I love the synchronization of the calendar, I have a gadget on my igoogle home page so everytime I start my browser it's updated and right on the front page with my synced mail and google feed reader. Love it.

I have a question, never messed with "Tasks", what's the difference between this and the calendar?
Old 04-02-2008, 09:51 AM   #3
coolkarim
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
PIN: 250ff349
Carrier: vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by noethix View Post
I try to stick with my Google, I whore it around so much. I love the synchronization of the calendar, I have a gadget on my igoogle home page so everytime I start my browser it's updated and right on the front page with my synced mail and google feed reader. Love it.

I have a question, never messed with "Tasks", what's the difference between this and the calendar?

Yeah
out of all these the calendar one is really usefull and best, there are a few glitches with it, but harmless. eg

1. change of reminder of 'off' to 'on' in google doesnt sync.

2 . and it only syncs 6 months max, sometimes not enough. so for a far future date (> 6months) entered on BB doesnt show up on google calendar

3. also if you set 0 mins reminder in BB then it will NOT sync to google calendar
better set default in BB as 5 mins reminder. vice versa works fine.

Tasks = To Dos, just lists of things to do you can assign dates and priorites to. can be usefull if you learn to use effectively and categorise into projects or tedious if you only half heartedly use it, I found.

In the desert Water=Time, Fuel=Distance

www.desertbiking.co.uk
Old 04-02-2008, 10:31 AM   #4
noethix
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: 244279FB
Carrier: TMobile

Cool, I use the calendar mainly to sync my college assignments. They are virtual classes i'm taking this semester and it really helps to keep my BB around loaded with To Do's that sync with my home page. This is why I can't see the difference between the calendar and tasks. Seems like the same thing.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:30 PM   #5
JEGO82
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telcel

Nice, I'll try these new options. Thanks !
Closed Thread