Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaseh140 View Post
frustrating....................
What makes it so frustrating? Its just a damn device. Its not like its life threatning.

I just dont get the need to always have the newest OS or the Newest device. Why cant people just be happy with what they have? Thats whats wrong with this country everyone wants what they dont have or what someone else has.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:44 PM   #263
wabbit
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
What makes it so frustrating? Its just a damn device. Its not like its life threatning.

I just dont get the need to always have the newest OS or the Newest device. Why cant people just be happy with what they have? Thats whats wrong with this country everyone wants what they dont have or what someone else has.
i fall into this category i love my berry, i hate the 8830 keyboard, a curve once its out, i'm buying it. its a tad bit smaller, and the keyboard is 10x better. and while i could switch carriers to get one now, i can wait for a vz curve.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:50 PM   #264
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit View Post
i fall into this category i love my berry, i hate the 8830 keyboard, a curve once its out, i'm buying it. its a tad bit smaller, and the keyboard is 10x better. and while i could switch carriers to get one now, i can wait for a vz curve.
Ok but to me thats a legitmate reason. I am talking about the ones who just want one to have one.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:30 PM   #265
metro12
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A

If you have the money and want a new one why not? It's what this country great.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:57 PM   #266
Chaseh140
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: Ball point
Carrier: Verizon
Exclamation

Quote:

Dawg go to the vet and get a chill pill. I currently don’t have a BB nor have I ever had one, I have done a lot of research on them and I’m holding out on the curve so its a lot more than just the new OS for me AND this is a BB forum solely about the anticipation of the curve, not about the presidential campaign or any other important topic where it would be considered inappropriate to be voicing my concerns about a cell phone! oh and for what’s wrong with this country its people like yourself questioning what makes others happy and criticizing them because you don’t share their views.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:48 AM   #267
wabbit
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???

Quote:
Ok but to me thats a legitmate reason. I am talking about the ones who just want one to have one.
some people like technology and new gadgets, same way some people buy movies and never watch them, others just need a new toy. and cant wait to get it
Old 03-29-2008, 06:51 AM   #268
jimpilot
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650

Quote:
Dawg go to the vet and get a chill pill. I currently don’t have a BB nor have I ever had one, I have done a lot of research on them and I’m holding out on the curve so its a lot more than just the new OS for me AND this is a BB forum solely about the anticipation of the curve, not about the presidential campaign or any other important topic where it would be considered inappropriate to be voicing my concerns about a cell phone! oh and for what’s wrong with this country its people like yourself questioning what makes others happy and criticizing them because you don’t share their views.
Amen
Old 03-29-2008, 07:34 AM   #269
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
But you still didn't answer the question on what make it frustrating its just a cell phone. I am criticizing because its stupid as hell to get upset because a carrier hasn't released a phone. If you want the curve so bad and its so frustrating waiting on VZW to get it go to a carrier that will make you happy. If a device makes you happy then you must live a sad existence.

My family is what makes me happy, not some cell phone.

Last edited by Dawg; 03-29-2008 at 07:36 AM..
Old 03-29-2008, 08:30 AM   #270
toneloc34

Model: 8700
Carrier: att

Quote:
But you still didn't answer the question on what make it frustrating its just a cell phone. I am criticizing because its stupid as hell to get upset because a carrier hasn't released a phone. If you want the curve so bad and its so frustrating waiting on VZW to get it go to a carrier that will make you happy. If a device makes you happy then you must live a sad existence.

Right now I am without a blackberry but need one for work. Before I sign a contract for the next 2 years, I want to make sure I'm getting the phone I want. This is why I'm waiting for the curve. Because of where I live, I have to go with a CDMA carrier, so going to ATT or Tmobile isn't an option. Is that simple enough for you?

I'll explain it another way: Over the duration of my contract I'll sign with VZW, I'll spend close to $3000 on service and equipment, I'm going to be picky about the phone I want.

Now, does anybody have a release date yet?
Old 03-29-2008, 08:34 AM   #271
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneloc34 View Post
Right now I am without a blackberry but need one for work. Before I sign a contract for the next 2 years, I want to make sure I'm getting the phone I want. This is why I'm waiting for the curve. Because of where I live, I have to go with a CDMA carrier, so going to ATT or Tmobile isn't an option. Is that simple enough for you?

I'll explain it another way: Over the duration of my contract I'll sign with VZW, I'll spend close to $3000 on service and equipment, I'm going to be picky about the phone I want.

Now, does anybody have a release date yet?
Tone that is a reason to want the device to come out. That is smart shopping. You have researched the device you want and I commend that. The ones I am talking about are just the guys who want it just to have it and get mad when it doesnt come out.

I never buy a device just because its new. I buy what I need.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:50 AM   #272
dgw2
Knows Where the Search Button Is

I too, am one who looks forward to new releases since my company pretty much requires Verizon and frankly I am getting bored with my 8830.

I sit back and watch all the messages that circulate regarding new devices, etc. and the same thing happens every time. One person is upset because it is not out yet, another person asks them why they need it so bad, and on and on.

What is most troublesome though is the way members of the forum tend to make judgements about other members who happen to have different motivators. Whether it is family, a new device, etc. it is not for us to judge. We should just keep the thread on topic and that is the pure speculation of when the Curve reaches the Verizon crowd.

The one thing I may have learned from forum watching in the past. Whether it be the Treo 600, 650, 700, BB 7103, 8703, 8830 or now the Curve. Those who know the real details tend to hit radio silence when it gets close.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:52 AM   #273
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Well i do have to disagree with Dawg, noone ever buys what they need, it always has some element of what they want. Take a look at food for instance. Is there any need for 5000 kinds of jelly in the grocery store? The trick in sales is to convince the purchaser that what you are selling them surpases the want and becomes a need
Old 03-29-2008, 09:01 AM   #274
dgw2
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Good point about why people buy and how things are sold. Fact is that we ALL make emotional decisions to buy something, and then look for the rational reasons to justify our emotional decision.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:02 AM   #275
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgw2 View Post
Good point about why people buy and how things are sold. Fact is that we ALL make emotional decisions to buy something, and then look for the rational reasons to justify our emotional decision.
we have an amazing ability, as humans, to rationalize anything. our moral standards are completely situational. If you take the entire scope of human history, its actually quite amusing on what we have convinced ourselves is right. To quote the movie Men in Black "Imagine what you will *know*... tomorrow"
Old 03-29-2008, 03:21 PM   #276
Chaseh140
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:

let me drawwwwww it out for you........I dont like the keyboard on the 8830 nor the lack of a camera. im not crazy about suretype on the pearl either therefore im holding out for the curve. and its not like im just soooo upset about it that i cant eat, i get on here a few times a day in my spare time to check for updates, you are looking into this way to deep!!! and in doing so have completely diverted the topic of the forum. thanx for the waste of time
Old 03-29-2008, 03:24 PM   #277
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

whats amusing is that people wait and wait for this device and get completely upset because rumors are created and "solid" info is leaked on the net. If you didnt believe the rumors you wouldnt have any reason to wait for the 8330. It may NEVER come out for ANY CDMA carrier, the device may be nothing more than a production test model. Relax, if it comes it it comes out, if not, life will go on in some form for some people I promise you.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:26 PM   #278
Chaseh140
Thumbs Must Hurt

this was a worthless off topic post designed to egg on fellow members.

Last edited by Sith_Apprentice; 03-29-2008 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: completely off topic
Old 03-29-2008, 03:28 PM   #279
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

keep it on topic
Old 03-29-2008, 04:07 PM   #280
Dawg
No longer Registered.