BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 11:43 PM   #61
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

Please Login to Remove!

Wow, talk about service... I hit the submit button on my order and the phone rang. Guess who it was???
Old 03-25-2008, 11:50 PM   #62
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

Model: 8900
Carrier: None

told you :P
Old 03-25-2008, 11:59 PM   #63
vliou
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 9700
Carrier: Telus

Dear Mr. Scheuer,

Thanks so much for the kind review! I really appreciate it! It's nice to have hard work pay off! Let me know if you need anything!
Old 03-26-2008, 12:03 AM   #64
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

The review is mild compared to how i feel about it all... i mean at the end of the day i'm still speachless as to the service provided and the product....

in my opinion customer service is HUGE in any product... even if its buggy, but in this case the product, as far as i can tell is flawless, and customer service is well like i said jaw dropping...
Old 03-26-2008, 12:04 AM   #65
vliou
Platinum Sponsor

Mr. Scheuer,

I need more users like you! - seriously.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:30 AM   #66
donc36
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vliou View Post
Mr. Scheuer,

I need more users like you! - seriously.
I have to agree with Cory - the support is outstanding. On a whim, I thought I'd try this out for a month - (it's only $2.00, so I'm not betting the farm, right . When I placed my order, I inadvertantly purchased 3, not 1.

Before I could compose an e-mail to support to fix my mistake, I received an e-mail indicating they noticed duplicate orders, and the problem had been corrected and a refund processed - before I even alerted them there was a problem! Unbelieveable!!!

And the product - it just works.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:52 AM   #67
Deguello
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: 30BCB3F2
Carrier: Verizon
Talking Exellent customer service

I couldn't sleep last night, so I called Vincent and he sang to me on my blackberry until I fell asleep.

Seriously, great support!
Old 03-26-2008, 12:32 PM   #68
vliou
Platinum Sponsor

Wow, that post got me worried.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:34 PM   #69
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

that is disturbing on many levels... but a great customer support story!
Old 03-26-2008, 12:47 PM   #70
vliou
Platinum Sponsor

Haha! It's a joke - seriously....I work hard, but that's just creepy. =)
Old 03-26-2008, 02:33 PM   #71
vliou
Platinum Sponsor

Dear BB Forum Members,

Thank you all for your patronage - I have taken great delight into speaking with each of you. I make it a personal note to call each new subscriber as soon as I can. Making the call is always a plus in my day, and it is a pleasure to serve each and every one of you.

I have some news today - and hope you will read through this. ThinkPost, up until 2 months ago, was a premium email provider, and not much more. It was very hard to differentiate our product from some of the more "famous" email providers out there. To fix this, we came out with a BB sync program that allows our users to sync OTA for calendar / notes / tasks.

This feature has had demand far beyond my wildest dreams, and has kept my staff and I busy here for the last 2 months.

As mentioned in a previous post, we kept the original pricing to bring awareness to our new feature - and was below cost.

Regrettably, we raised prices today to make a very small margin on our hosting services. The price is now $4/month.

We understand that a price raise is never a good thing - but please keep in mind that our prices have never changed in the past 2 years - and this is the first time - even in the face of a down turning economy, and a poor exchange rate (we are Canadian).

The value of the product is definitely still here. BES hosting is still around $20-$25 per user, and no hosting company has our fanatical level of support.

I hope new users will continue supporting us. All existing users' original pricing of $2/month, of course, will not be touched.

Thank you again for your support - I look forward to welcoming you on our network.

Last edited by vliou; 03-26-2008 at 02:35 PM..
Old 03-26-2008, 04:12 PM   #72
dgoode01

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Wow.. I got in just before the increase.. NICE... But I'm experiencing a problem and I'm not to able to get anything to sync either via outlook or via BB.

I have sent an email to support, just waiting on a response.

Without using autoforward in outlook is there a way to get my exchange email on the thinkpost email account?
Old 03-26-2008, 04:14 PM   #73
vliou
Platinum Sponsor

Dear Mr. Goode,

Thank you for your email - I remember working on your ticket. Still waiting to hear back from Tech. The senior tech at Funambol isn't a 24X7 guy...but once I hear anything, i'll let you know for sure!

Can you forward from exchange (server level)? We can do a forward to BIS...or we can setup a fetch on our webmail.

Pls. let me know,
Vincent L.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:37 PM   #74
EvanDM

Model: 8703e
Carrier: VZW

I was going to sign up last night and i fell asleep...now it looks like i have to pay $4 a month, lol. oh well
Old 03-27-2008, 12:00 AM   #75
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

even if i didnt sign up when i did, i still would now, its sooo worth the $4
Old 03-27-2008, 01:40 PM   #76
vliou
Platinum Sponsor

Thank you - judging from the incredible # of signups still, I can safely say so. I think people understand that $4 sure beats $25 for BES...
Old 03-27-2008, 05:37 PM   #77
cmhobbz

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

I too must take the time to show my appreciation for, not only the incredible product offered, but for the untouchable service that I have received. Vincent and his staff have put together an absolutely necessary product in my opinion... well worth the incredibly low cost that they are asking for it.

Leave your skepticism at the door.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:41 PM   #78
rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

Vincent, a few questions - most of them are of the "are you going to do this?" variety.

- how do you add/view/edit Notes in the web interface?
- how do you export/import ICS/VCS/VCal files?
- how do you create on-demand backups of data prior to doing wholescale changes?
- is there a generic SyncML interface to plug other things into to work with the data?
- what happens to the "user1" thru "user4" and "pin" entries from our device contacts on sync?
- how do you set the time zone for a calendar entry (for those of us working across many time zones)?
- with the above, what happens to the "show time as" flag on my device if I sync it upstream?

These are all current features I use, just trying to understand what might happen to certain things.... are some of these on your drawing board for future releases that we can look forward to?
Old 03-27-2008, 07:00 PM   #79
vliou
Platinum Sponsor

Good evening,

I hope I can answer your questions - I'll do my best. Here are the answers.

- how do you add/view/edit Notes in the web interface?
-This feature will be released in the next webmail version - and is currently being developed.

- how do you export/import ICS/VCS/VCal files?
-All this is done via the Outlook Sync program (for vcal). We are working on a way to import directly into the webmail. The sync program observes the vcal protocol.

- how do you create on-demand backups of data prior to doing wholescale changes?
- I am unclear on this question. Do you mean on the BB? (use Desktop Manager), or do you mean on the server? In that case, the backup policy is listed on the FAQ - and in case you meant emails, we can do a full immediate restore up to 14 days, and after that, we go backup-digging.

- is there a generic SyncML interface to plug other things into to work with the data?
- Not at this time as the current funambol system is tailored to our needs.

- what happens to the "user1" thru "user4" and "pin" entries from our device contacts on sync?
-Please explain, I am confused. (at least I'm being honest...)

- how do you set the time zone for a calendar entry (for those of us working across many time zones)?
-All appointments have a "Time zone" field - of which the data is synced, to my knowledge. Other than declaring a "time-zone", there's not much we do at this time.

- with the above, what happens to the "show time as" flag on my device if I sync it upstream?
-The time zone is synced. It's up to the device to recognize it as such.

I hope I was able to address your questions. Please feel free to email the support team and we can address it in more detail. Thanks again.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:01 PM   #80
vliou
Platinum Sponsor

Mr. Hobbs,

Thanks for the compliments - I do appreciate you taking the time to review our product!
Closed Thread