Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 07:47 PM   #1
rawkprincess

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus
Thumbs down What Games Work for the 8130

Please Login to Remove!

This sucks.. I got my 8130 about a month ago... and it seems like NOTHING works for it. Maybe that's why I got it for free. Whenever I download games, the application loader tells me "no new applications have been found for this device". I tried to download games from mobilerated on my phone, but the downloads keep failing. I don't get it? It's driving me nuts, and making me hate my phone. Someone help me!!
Old 12-31-2007, 08:20 PM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Welcome to BlackBerry Forums. This question comes up VERY frequently.

A great place to look for BlackBerry questions is Main Page - BlackBerryFAQ - there is even a dedicated page for this message - Application Loader Error - BlackBerryFAQ
Old 12-31-2007, 08:30 PM   #3
Xyxyll
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

You need to download and install the BlackBerry operating system on your computer (basically a driver) for you to transfer programs to your BlackBerry. I was having the same issue, and as soon as I made the install, everything transferred fine.

I do not remember where I found the download (probably one of the Stickies). Look around and see what you can find.

Good luck!
Old 12-31-2007, 08:45 PM   #4
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

I have downloaded a couple of games http://mobile.blackberry.com (from the BB browser). OTA downloads are good.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:55 AM   #5
rawkprincess

Carrier: Telus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyxyll View Post
You need to download and install the BlackBerry operating system on your computer (basically a driver) for you to transfer programs to your BlackBerry. I was having the same issue, and as soon as I made the install, everything transferred fine.

I do not remember where I found the download (probably one of the Stickies). Look around and see what you can find.

Good luck!

I have the desktop manager v 4.3 installed... that's about as far as i know. I feel so blackberry retarded. Is there something else I need to install to get everything working??
Old 01-01-2008, 11:45 AM   #6
mjogg11
Knows Where the Search Button Is

You have to look for a copy of the software that is actually installed on the phone. If you do a search for Blackberry 81XX OS and install it on your computer. It acts as a driver and will enable you install games via Desktop Manager. The easiest way to install games is to do it OTA, if you can get the link.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:02 PM   #7
itjunkie

The main thing is to not get discouraged. There is a lot of info here on how to fix issues. It just takes some poking around. If you are having issues with the application loader then it's a good chance that you need both driver apps loaded on your pc. There is one for the desktop manager and one for the device. Both need to be instqalled on your pc. then when you plug in your Blackberry it will update for you and you should be all set.

Bob
Closed Thread