Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 05:04 AM   #1
DreyDey

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Exclamation curve 8320(tmobile) many problems please help

Please Login to Remove!

ever since i got the curve 8320 i have had problems with it becuase it reboots when i am on a call it will restart and the an hour glass will be on for a little bit and then it will turn on , it does it just about everyday i called tmobile and they told me to wipe handheld and get the new software and a bunch of troubleshooting which didnt fix the problem then they transferred me to rim blackberry direct and they make me do a java reload something like that, and so far its been ok for about a day, but i noticed that when i go to profiles and phone to change my ringtone i change the volume to low and back to medium ill hear this weird click i dont know what that is, it clicks not too loud but u can notice it when yout move the volume from low to medium up and down a couple of times ill hear a click , has anyone had this problem or can someone try theyre phones and see if it does it please......and could this have been becuase of what rim told me to do when i wiped the handheld and loaded this java thing....thank you
Old 11-13-2007, 06:12 AM   #2
BallHawk3
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

if u talked to tmo already, your gonna to need the device exchanged if nothing helped. Sounds like u've done everything. The device needs to be exchanged. If u haven't had the phone for 30 days, go in a coorporate store and bring the original box and receipt and get it exchanged under buyers remorse. If its over 30 days, you need to do a warranty exchange which u would have to call them and to start the process.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:29 PM   #3
jenfavre
Knows Where the Search Button Is

I had the rebooting problem and because I was in my 14-day buyer's remorse period I was able to swap the phone out with no questions asked. New phone worked flawlessly.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:47 PM   #4
DreyDey

thanks for advice guys but the problem is i bought the phone brand new sealed in the box from ebay, i gave tmobile the imei they said no problem there but becuase i did not buy it direct from tmobile they wont exchange it under warranty exchange what should i do
Old 11-14-2007, 02:31 AM   #5
BallHawk3
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreyDey View Post
thanks for advice guys but the problem is i bought the phone brand new sealed in the box from ebay, i gave tmobile the imei they said no problem there but becuase i did not buy it direct from tmobile they wont exchange it under warranty exchange what should i do
because you didn't buy it from t-mobile, there is no t-mobile warranty. HOWEVER, the manufactur, RIM (research in motion) does warranty the phone. You will have to call them and go through them.

The only difference really is t-mobile will make it easier for you, its normally the process of you getting a phone in the mail and you mailing back yours. With RIM, your going to have to send them the phone and wait about 3 weeks.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:53 AM   #6
DreyDey

thank you so much for your help im gona try contacting rim and tell them, i really appreciate it
Old 11-14-2007, 03:32 AM   #7
DreyDey

well i called rim and they said they cant help , and tmobile told me to call my insurance company so i guess im screwed pretty much on a phone, this sucks
Old 11-14-2007, 09:03 PM   #8
BallHawk3
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
well i called rim and they said they cant help , and tmobile told me to call my insurance company so i guess im screwed pretty much on a phone, this sucks
any reason why they denied you?

They shouldn't unless u somehow voided the warranty.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:16 PM   #9
R-W
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: Down
Carrier: T-mo
Question

I wonder why RIM rejected you??
Old 11-14-2007, 11:22 PM   #10
DreyDey

no they said to call tmobile and becuase it was purchased and tmobile said call rim, this is such a hassle, i almost wish i never bought this phone
Old 11-14-2007, 11:29 PM   #11
crazieinca

Carrier: T-Mo

probably because the person u bought it from is not an official RIM reseller i heard something similar to this and that was the case
Old 11-15-2007, 10:05 AM   #12
gixxer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZW

I bought mine outright and T-Mo has never giving me an issue with swaping it out under warrenty!!!!!!!! I guess it's all on who you talk to!!!! I would call back and try it again!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 11:07 AM   #13
garutachi

Carrier: tmobil
Default Java Reload

i`m having the same problems and i bought mine through ebay as well i read that the battery might be the problem which i doubt so i want to try the java reload can anybody walk me through???
Old 11-16-2007, 04:52 AM   #14
benkild

Model: 8100

Quote:
ever since i got the curve 8320 i have had problems with it becuase it reboots when i am on a call it will restart and the an hour glass will be on for a little bit and then it will turn on , it does it just about everyday i called tmobile and they told me to wipe handheld and get the new software and a bunch of troubleshooting which didnt fix the problem then they transferred me to rim blackberry direct and they make me do a java reload something like that, and so far its been ok for about a day, but i noticed that when i go to profiles and phone to change my ringtone i change the volume to low and back to medium ill hear this weird click i dont know what that is, it clicks not too loud but u can notice it when yout move the volume from low to medium up and down a couple of times ill hear a click , has anyone had this problem or can someone try theyre phones and see if it does it please......and could this have been becuase of what rim told me to do when i wiped the handheld and loaded this java thing....thank you
Well, I don't know about the rebooting problem, the clicking sound might be from a setting in the phone. I know you can change to hear an audible click everytime you use the track ball. Just go to Options>Screen/Keyboard and scroll all the way down. You'll see a section that says Trackball with an "Audible Roll" option. Just set that to mute and that should fix the clicking sound.

On a side note, I have a new 8320 from TMo and it stills have a little bit of clicking to it. I attest it to being new and the rollers not being broken in yet.

Hope that helps a little bit.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:50 AM   #15
gmerlino

Carrier: TMobile

I experienced the same problem of rebooting in the middle of a call. TMo told me to exchange the first one, which I did, and the second one is doing the same thing. I kept the battery of the first phone since it was already charged. The battery might be the culprit. I spoke with RIM and they tell me it could be the SIM card, or corrupt data. In order to troubleshoot the corrupt data, they suggest I wipe clean, run clean for a couple days to dsee if the problem persists, and start to reintroduce each database individually and run with each for a couple days until I can recreate the problem. This requires more patience and time required than I am willing to give.....

If anyone out there has found a fix and can provide details, please share!
Old 11-16-2007, 09:54 AM   #16
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Has anyone gotten RIM to honor warranty on a BlackBerry that they did not directly sell to you?
Closed Thread