Old 08-28-2007, 08:11 AM   #1
tony@sirfox.plus.com
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Default Misc Questions...and Hi!

Please Login to Remove!

Hi! I've actually not purchased a BB yet since i have been trying to figure out which model would be best for me. However i have come down on the side of the 8820, in UK, with Orange. I would like to give my methodology for this choice and see if it stands up at all. If its ok i would also like to ask a couple of questions that i hope could be answered.

What really put me off the Curve, which i feel has a nicer feel to it and keyboard, were the many complaints regarding memmory leaks and resets on the forums (i also searched crackberry.com to gain research). Ths seemed due to it only (is only the right word?) having a 64mb internal memmory. For some reason i have not seen owners of the 8800 series complaining of the same problem, yet it too has the same 64mb memmory! I really dont need a 2mb camera and the extra wifi + GPS seemed a clincher. I note however the difficulties with Orange in downloading maps etc. but i am hoping this excelent community support will help us all through this (and has done).

* has the 88XX's generation had the memmory/deletion of mails problem in the same way the Curve has?

I was also quite suprised to see such a modern phone lacking 3g which i assume (because i have never had a 3g phone!) allows browsing the net to be like on a Desktop Pc, aswell as other stremaing video experiences. Since im primariy a business user this does not concern me. But i would liek to know what the benefits of 3G are?

* does 3g allow for a much better browsing experience?

I use OpenOffice and also Mozila Thunderbird for my email on my Desktop. When one buys a BB can you replicate all the folders and data that exist in Thunderbird symetrically onto the BB? Further can BB's interprept OpenOffice documents/files?

* I know its been asked 1000 times but what programs interact best between a BB and a Desktop pc (without having to pay for M$ Office)? Can i stay with my excelent Thunderbird?

I did not really search areas such as Roumer Mill etc but when in most peoples opinion will a 9 series be launched and what would be the improvements upon the 8820?

Really greatful for any comments on any of the comments ive made,

Best Wishes to you all,

Tony.

p.s! how do i change my name form the email addres!! :o

Last edited by tony@sirfox.plus.com; 08-28-2007 at 08:15 AM.. Reason: ommision
Old 08-28-2007, 09:53 AM   #2
someonexh
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony@sirfox.plus.com View Post

p.s! how do i change my name form the email addres!! :o
PM an admin because you can't just change it, that's what you chose as a username :(
Old 08-28-2007, 10:02 AM   #3
tony@sirfox.plus.com
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: O2

Closed Thread