BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 11:59 AM   #1
SirKeats
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att
Default Two Calendars - Right way to sync?

Please Login to Remove!

I know syncing two calendars has been discussed before, but I didn't see anything that really helped in my search.

I have the same version of outlook on both my work and home computers. Sometimes I add/remove items from work, sometimes I add/remove items from home, and sometimes I add/remove items on my phone.

I'm not having issues getting anything to sync... but I often have issues with items syncing properly between all 3 devices - understandably so since the desktop software is probably getting confused considering I'm editing items on 3 different devices.

What's the "correct" way to handle this situation so that everything syncs properly... or is there nothing I can do really and I just have to deal with the occasional calendar item snafu?

Thanks!
Old 07-10-2007, 12:43 PM   #2
PhillyGuy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMO

I don't think the Desktop Manager has an option to allow you to sync the BB w/ 2 computers. I don't do it. I have a PDA for that (whenever ActiveSynce lets me).

Propable easier said than done is to avoid the temptation to edit stuff on all 3 devices. The sync software doesn't like conflicts.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:55 PM   #3
TXLady
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint

I regularly sync my Pearl with my Outlook Contacts and Calendar on both my home and work computers with no problem. This is how I keep them synced between the two computers. I'm not doing anything special and have no problems, even after I got a new home computer with Vista and Office 2007. (Work computer is still XP Pro and Office 2003.)

On the calendar, I have mine set to only transfer future items. Now that I think about it, I had some problems when I had it set to transfer all items. None since I changed it.
Closed Thread