BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 11:52 AM   #1
sanfran96

Model: 7520
Default GN Netcom GN6210

Please Login to Remove!

Does anyone have experience successfully pairing the GN6210 with the Nextel 7520? The 7520 successfully locates the GN6210 and after I enter the passcode the 7520 confirms that the the GN6210 connection is established, but then about 3 seconds later I get a message saying 'handsfree connection to GN6210Hs lost." I have the 7520 successfully connecting to a Jabra BT200 -- no problem.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:33 AM   #2
sanfran96

I received a response this morning from GNNetcom regarding the GN6210. "This is a normal function of the 6210 when paired with this phone. The reason is, the 6210 remains linked with the charging/transmitter base simultaneously when it's paired with a cell.
To open the link with the cell again before making a call, please press and hold handset icon button on headset for 1.5 seconds, then release.
This will reestablish the link with the cell, and then you can make call."

I tested this and it does indeed work. Frustrating part is always having to answer 'yes' to wanting to connect to the GN6210Hs whenever I answer my Nextel 7520; compounded by the mandatory password imposed by our corporate BES. But that's another story.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:39 AM   #3
PingGuy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Make sure you set "Trusted Device?" to "Yes" in the options for that BT device on the BB.

Previous: Nextel BB7520 w/ Plantronics Discovery 640
Old 05-03-2005, 01:14 PM   #4
sanfran96

Thanks. Will that save me from having to answer YES every time a call comes in? That would save me one more step!
Old 08-14-2005, 11:49 AM   #5
dariley

I emailed GN Netcom about the same issue. I've pasted our email conversation below:

Adam,
This is not the information that is given on your website. To take a direct quote from the product description of the 6210 on your website:

"Using its ingenious GN Link™ technology, the GN 6210 identifies which phone is ringing and automatically connects to it, giving you calling convenience like never ever before!"

This is not how the unit is functioning, and your email contradicts your own product description. If the link with the phone is dropped after 3-5 seconds, how is the 6210 supposed to identify which phone is ringing? Please investigate this further, without issuing what seems to be a standard "brush-off" answer. I'm only asking that your product performs as advertised. According to reviews that I’ve read on several Blackberry forum websites, others are not having the same issues, which led me to wonder if the issue was with my phone, which is why I sent you the specifics of my Blackberry. Please send this info on to your engineers, maybe they can get with the RIM developers and find out what the issue may be. Please send me a reply and let me know what the status of this is, and if there is a service ticket number, please send that as well.

Thank you,
David Riley

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Gaudette [mailto:agaudette@gnnetcom.com] On Behalf Of [email address]
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2005 11:27
To: David Riley
Subject: RE: Quick Help: A quick help request form is submitted.

Hello,

The 6210 when paired with the cell phone will drop the link 3-5
seconds later when not in use. The reason for this function is because
of the "dual connectivity" the headset maintains with the base
charger/transmitter. To reopen the link before a call, simply press and
hold the handset icon button on the headset for 1.5 seconds, then
release, this will reopen the link with the cell phone.

Thanks & Regards,
GN Technical Supt.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2005 12:50 AM
To: [email address]
Subject: Quick Help: A quick help request form is submitted.

Name: David Riley
Email:
Manufacturer: RIM
Model Name: Blackberry
Model Type: 7520
Brand: GN Netcom
Headset: 6210
Amplifier:
Problem Description: I'm using a Blackberry 7520 with a GN 6210 headset.
The software on my phone is version 4.0.0.249. The phone and headset
pair successfully, but the headset will only stay connected for 1-2
seconds unless there is a call in progress, then it loses connection
almost immediately once the call is complete. So, each time I make or
answer a call I have to initiate/answer the call first on the phone, and
then activate the headset. I have used other headsets (Plantronics),
and was able to keep a constant connection between the phone and the
headset. I have tried using both the headset and the hands-free
profiles with the same result. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:59 PM   #6
Gone Soaring

Model: 8830
Carrier: sprint
Default Gn6210

I too am not able to maintain a connection with the GN6210 and my 7100. I have talked to HelloDirect from whom I purchased the headset and am told that this is a know issue. I have also contacted GN Netcom via email and they went through the pairing instructions as well (the same as I have been trying). Has anyone had any success? I have lost my Jabra250 and thought that this might be a useful replacement.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:13 PM   #7
Buckeyenut
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
Carrier: sprint

I just received one of these as a demo and called tech support to see if there is a work around for it. they told me the same thing as above. "This is the way it was engineered since it can pair up to multiple deveces." "just hold the button down for 1.5-2 seconds to re-establish the link once your cell phone is active and start using the headsdet normally." I think GN Netcomm will be getting this one back.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:02 PM   #8
ondegwa

Model: 6210

hi can u assist i want assiting in unlockling software
Old 08-02-2006, 06:55 PM   #9
phlow

Carrier: Verizon

i just got the GN6210, using it with BB7100t v4.0.2.49. i guess i share the same feelings as dariley above. GN6210 will only STAY linked with BB if the BB is actively engaged in dialing, receiving or talking on a call. otherwise, it drops bluetooth connection in about 2 seconds.

i CAN BB dial out using the headset, but i have to press the headset button and then start dialing the BB immediately.

i CAN receive a BB call using the headset, but i have to press the headset button while the BB is still ringing, and then the ringing transitions into the headset.

i CAN switch an ongoing call from blackberry to the headset by pressing the handset button.

but i cant use the "ingenious GN Link technology" to automagically connect to whichever phone is ringing without some pretty clever timing on my part. maybe it will become more automatic once i am more familiar with it.

device does work, but just not quite as seamlessly as advertised.

is my performance similar to what others are experiencing?
Old 07-09-2007, 04:00 AM   #10
brettcbarry

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Yes, I have the same problem with my BlackBerry Pearl 8100. It only works dialing out when I establish a connection and it dials the last number on my phone. But forget about auto-answer...I can't get it to do this. Did anyone find anything out? Or do I need to return this headset after waiting 2 months to get this it?

Last edited by brettcbarry; 07-09-2007 at 04:02 AM..
Old 07-09-2007, 10:29 AM   #11
phlow

Carrier: Verizon

Brett -

you will find out that this is the way the headset is designed. although it's not REALLY the way it's advertised, it kind of makes sense if you think about it. there's no way for the headset to "read your mind" to know whether you want to pair up with your desktop phone or your mobile to place an outgoing call.

so essentially it has a "primary" pairing with your desktop phone, unless there is a live signal on your mobile phone, whereby it will pair with your mobile. so if a call comes in on your BB, you have to answer it by hand first, then switch to the GN headset. dialing out, you have to dial out manually, then switch to the GN headset. inconvenient, but i found it to be workable once you got used to it.

so it is useful as a "primary" headset for your your desktop phone, but only as a "Secondary" headset for your mobile. you couldn't use it to do voice activated dialing etc. i kept my mobile primary BT headset in the car, and just used the GN with my BB if I was in the office.
Closed Thread