JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinV10 View Post
What makes you think I didnt really NEED it? I need my enterprise email the same way everyone else "needs" it. You wont die without it, but it is sure nice to have. I just happen to be willing to sacrifice that for all the other advantages of the iPhone.
Because you are willing to give it up, but that is ok--it is certainly personal preference and need.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:47 AM   #102
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

I still think that there are many more that like to have it over actually needing it. The exception is the Corp. environment or somewhere BES is in place. I actually think the BIS users like myself who get most email after 15 min and still need to use desktop manager to sync are not getting the full benefit of the BB therefore we are not losing as much by switching platforms.

Last edited by test54; 07-06-2007 at 07:49 AM..
Old 07-06-2007, 07:55 AM   #103
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
I still think that there are many more that like to have it over actually needing it. The exception is the Corp. environment or somewhere BES is in place. I actually think the BIS users like myself who get most email after 15 min and still need to use desktop manager to sync are not getting the full benefit of the BB therefore we are not losing as much by switching platforms.
I agree here 100% we dont get full use. When I did have BES man it was great fast internet and not having to plug my BB into the computer at all was nice.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:56 AM   #104
test54
BlackBerry Master

I know i see all the benefits and almost feel like its a different device.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:49 AM   #105
SmokinV10
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
Id be curious to see what the real ages of these that traded the BB for the Iphone so quick. Just the way they speak you can tell they are young but not sure how young.
Why young? It seeems that you are mighty naively presumptuous to assume that someone who wants to upgrade their device on a forum dedicated to people who are into the latest mobile devices are "young". All you have here is a symptom of blind brand loyalty. People who waive the BB flag with a myopic loyalty have been brainwashed into thinking its the only option. This is the same way that some brand loyal blue oval idiot who owns a Mustang will knock every Chevy product in existence while having his ass handed to him by the new Z06. Better is better...period.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:51 AM   #106
SmokinV10

Quote:
I was a BES user who switched. Im still trying to get the iPhone to sync with my exchange server, but have had no luck. Am I switching back? Nope.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:01 AM   #107
test54
BlackBerry Master

smokin relax a little with Dawg, he's not the person you make him out to be. Their are plenty of them here I just think you got the wrong impression from that one post.

I agree that blind loyalty is stupid but there will be fanboys of all types forever and nothing will change that.
I'm interested what your using to try and sync with exchange? I know there are rumors of them licensing exchange but I know almost nothing about it. The rumors are that the first firmware update could include active sync as well as deal with some of the complaints - mms, chat. But they are just rumors.

Technotheory.com - iPhone and ActiveSync / Exchange

Jsanders, did not mean to offend, definitely did not mean you as a fanboy. Like always to each his / her own.

Last edited by test54; 07-06-2007 at 10:19 AM..
Old 07-06-2007, 10:12 AM   #108
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Fan boy? I just know what works. I happen to own 3 Macs as well, so I do have an affinity for their products. I own two BBs, three counting my wife's, and know what works well in that arena.

And yes, there are a certain number of users who jump from device to device every few months to get the latest and greatest, just to shine in their own glory among their peers. And many of those do seem young, judging simply and only from their conversations in here.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:26 AM   #109
BBGregPearl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8530
Carrier: Sprint

LOL at this lady.

iPhone Lady Gets Owned - Video - Pandachute

Now with the new and improved 8530.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:31 AM   #110
test54
BlackBerry Master

nice, what an idiot.

I like this one, not the same theme but funny.
IPhone: The Musical | New York Times Video
Old 07-06-2007, 10:33 AM   #111
BBGregPearl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8530
Carrier: Sprint

LOL at that video! That was a good find.

Now with the new and improved 8530.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:41 AM   #112
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

lol, I think she's posted in here, as well.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:53 PM   #113
Dawg
No longer Registered.

PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinV10 View Post
Why young? It seeems that you are mighty naively presumptuous to assume that someone who wants to upgrade their device on a forum dedicated to people who are into the latest mobile devices are "young". All you have here is a symptom of blind brand loyalty. People who waive the BB flag with a myopic loyalty have been brainwashed into thinking its the only option. This is the same way that some brand loyal blue oval idiot who owns a Mustang will knock every Chevy product in existence while having his ass handed to him by the new Z06. Better is better...period.
Trust me I like nice new shiny things as well, I like to have the latest and greatest things. Just ask anyone here who knows me and ask them how many times I have left a BB to try a new device. But look what I always come back to becuase its the only device that fits my needs.

I am far from a fanboy but I do know the Iphone was geared towards young folks. I am not a blind loyalist either. If something comes out better than the BB I will certainly give it a whirl.

But I do notice no one has answered the question of how old are the switchers. Its not likely that you will be honest either.

And thanks Test alot of ppl here would disagree with you. Most ppl once they have gotten to know me I am not teh way I come across just ask jberry

Last edited by Dawg; 07-06-2007 at 12:54 PM..
Old 07-06-2007, 01:00 PM   #114
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
PIN: ASK ME
Carrier: Tmobile

I have been watching this thread grow into a monster!!! I love shiney new toys and want an iphone i just dont want to sign a contract with ATT.

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com
Old 07-06-2007, 06:07 PM   #115
test54
BlackBerry Master

dawg, np

I have two guys that work with me (Real Estate) and they both waited in line and got them. they are 28 and 34 both married with children and went from a pearl and a blackjack. I'm interested in it as well but want to see some wireless sync, even though i dont have it on BB. -29 here btw.

Last edited by test54; 07-06-2007 at 06:09 PM..
Old 07-06-2007, 08:29 PM   #116
SmokinV10

Quote:
smokin relax a little with Dawg, he's not the person you make him out to be. Their are plenty of them here I just think you got the wrong impression from that one post.

I agree that blind loyalty is stupid but there will be fanboys of all types forever and nothing will change that.
I'm interested what your using to try and sync with exchange? I know there are rumors of them licensing exchange but I know almost nothing about it. The rumors are that the first firmware update could include active sync as well as deal with some of the complaints - mms, chat. But they are just rumors.

Technotheory.com - iPhone and ActiveSync / Exchange

Jsanders, did not mean to offend, definitely did not mean you as a fanboy. Like always to each his / her own.
The iPhone supports Push IMAP from Yahoo and supports pull from every other vendor. It has an area on its mail setup specifically for exchange servers. It requires that IMAP be supported. Since im not really an IT/Tech guy, I have no idea how to make it work. Ive had my IT people provide me with the settings and have called Apple's help line. Apple says that it "doesnt work with all exchange servers" and they are working towards improving the situation. We shall see.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:36 PM   #117
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 35AABF91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
Trust me I like nice new shiny things as well, I like to have the latest and greatest things. Just ask anyone here who knows me and ask them how many times I have left a BB to try a new device. But look what I always come back to becuase its the only device that fits my needs.

I am far from a fanboy but I do know the Iphone was geared towards young folks. I am not a blind loyalist either. If something comes out better than the BB I will certainly give it a whirl.

But I do notice no one has answered the question of how old are the switchers. Its not likely that you will be honest either.

And thanks Test alot of ppl here would disagree with you. Most ppl once they have gotten to know me I am not teh way I come across just ask jberry

yup, Dawg is chill as f*ck haha.

"blind loyalty" is every person's argument when they talk down on the iPhone. you know what i say to that?

"i don't care!"

my Blackberry does everything better than the iPhone...except for music. but wait..the Blackberry wasn't made for music was it? ok...so you can't even compare the two on that level. besides, if you bought a Blackberry solely for it's ability to play music, you are brain dead. It's not meant to be a portable jukebox like the iPod. i have a blackberry AND iPod and i think that's the best combination. granted, the newer blackberry phones can play music, but don't plan on dumping your entire collection on there.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:43 PM   #118
Galvatron
No longer Registered.

PIN: 240582A8
Carrier: tmobile

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Yeah 2 gigs you can only pull so many tunes.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:00 AM   #119
test54
BlackBerry Master

Curve has 4Gb right?
Im sure they will update the os to let 8800 have 4GB but for me it doesnt matter because the player is very bad. I thought i would use my 2GB card but its gathering dust at this point.

JGBerry i agree no one should buy berries for media, no one. But I think that if you want good browsing and media then the iphone is a good choice. Not everyone has the same needs as you. I myself still wait 15 min for email and dont care about push or pull as its still 15 min.

I would not give up my 8800 but without BES its not as good as i thought it would be.

Last edited by test54; 07-09-2007 at 12:01 AM..
Old 07-09-2007, 12:03 AM   #120
Galvatron
No longer Registered.

PIN: 240582A8
Carrier: tmobile

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

LOL I refering to the fact that Video and audio files gobble up space. Micro SD cards go to 2 gigs max. Well you can ge 4 gigs but the software an firmware won't suport it.
Closed Thread